You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2006-11-30 15:00:02

YinYang

History

Hi.

one big issue, since the start of the glpi implementation on my campus, was easy access to the equipment complete history.

Currently on the project we need to access 3 different places to acess that information ( registry, history and tickets ), which can easly be resolved with a plugin ( done wink )

But looking closely to the information I somewhat feel some lack of connections betwen them.

My proposition is :
  Registry : Stores the event of creating, changing and deleting and object, relationing to a user.
  History : Stores the creation of the object, it's change ( and the data changed )
  Tickets : For me no change here tongue

A note is that the time of event between History, Tickets and Registry would HAVE to be the same in order to maintain relationship.

This would improve the information stored, correct the timing betwen events stored, and keep track of exact history equipment.

What do you all

PS: I've been dreaming this for a while wink

#2 2006-12-01 21:44:50

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: History

I do not understand what you want... sorry.
Could you give us a real example ?

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

#3 2006-12-05 17:19:54

YinYang

Ok ...

To know the full HISTORY of a machine at this moment I have to check 3 places :
  * Tickets
* History
* Registry

And still is not possible for me to know for example who changed a the location of a machine on a certain time reported on the machine history.

The time stamp for an event stored between Registry and History is different.

Example of actual situation :

User x99 adds a computer A ( Registry register that user x99 created something : History doesn't store the creation time, and creator user )
User x99 changes computer location ( Register marks a change by user x99 to equipment A with a time stamp : History register a change in field location with another timstamp )
User x11 creates a ticket ( Ticket created ).
User ADM wants to see FULL history before makeing the equipment intervention ( needs to check Ticket, History, Registry ).
User BOSS want to see who made wrongly the change location ( not possible ) ( This is of most importance after the full deployment of group management of equipment and admins so a person can delegate and track changes to local group admins )

Hope this example explain the problem felt and why the concrete proposal for the change of information tracking.

#4 2006-12-05 19:02:07

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

3 systems store differents informations :
- registry : global actions on items
- tickets : request on a hardware
- history : changes on a hardware

timestamp problem is due to the fact that the storage of the datas is done doning 2 actions.
These 2 actions may be done in 2 different seconds. But timestamps may be really close (1s ?).

#5 2006-12-07 13:58:56

YinYang

I know the 3 systems, and that's why I saw this situation which can't be resolved with the actual system and proposed this extension.

The thing is that one user action is stored in two places as different actions, the timestamp difference depends of the system implementation 1s or 10s

And the different timestamp  prevents data correlation.

#6 2006-12-07 14:32:12

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

3 different informations -> 3 systems
Why make a correlation between  different informations ?

If an information is missing in a system tell us we could add it.

#7 2006-12-12 16:49:11

YinYang

The correlation sometimes was necessary that's why I made a simple plugin and found difficulties connecting the same action between registry and history.

One thing I urge to correct is ... if a same action is stored in different places ( registry and history ) please keep the same action time.

Another issue I need to know, who changes the equipment components, either it's stored on the history or on the registry. At the moment I only know that in a momento someone changed an equipment ( registry )and a second after the memory was changed on that equipment ( example of history ).

I'm wondering .. no one else suffers this dilema ?

Board footer