You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2014-03-29 11:51:16

trungmv

Network Inventory-SNMP

Hello experts,

Could any one can help me to implement Network Inventory by SNMP and register device identified?

I also created IP network range, community: public, snmp version: 2c but when i press force start it's ERROR
2vc70x2.jpg

Where i am setup wrong?

System: GLPI: 84.5
FusionInventory plugin for GLPI: 84+2.2
FusionInventory agent: x86 2.3.6

Any help is appreciated,

Regards,

Last edited by trungmv (2014-03-29 11:54:27)

#2 2014-03-29 15:09:20

dethegeek
HELPER
Website

Re: Network Inventory-SNMP

Hi

Your setup seems to be a good start.

I advice you to test your task with a single agent. Remove auto management of agents, and add only one agent.

Before doing a network inventory, you must do a network DISCOVERY. (field Module). This step will add your discovered devices in GLPI.

After a discovery, you may do a network inventory. More data will be collected on the already discovered devices.

Last edited by dethegeek (2014-03-29 15:09:50)

#3 2014-03-29 16:55:57

trungmv

Hello expert,

I just changed as you recommend but seem to only computers will be inventory.

I did not see the network device inventory, how can i check or to do something?

Thank you in advance

#4 2014-03-30 18:07:20

dethegeek
HELPER
Website

Can you show a screenshot of the task's log ?

There should be entries saying "add device" or "update device".

Your computers inventory because the agent runs on them. Am I right ?

Other devices must have SNMP enabled in their configuration. check it on some devices in your IP range.

In order to speedup your progress, I advice you use a small IP range with less than 10 devices. The best would be a range containing computers, network printers and switches. If needed you may create several IP ranges and add them in the same task. I even used IP ranges of only 1 IP when I was setting up FusionInventory smile

Last edited by dethegeek (2014-03-30 18:14:39)

#5 2014-03-31 03:33:24

trungmv

Hi dethegeek,

Have a good new week.

I installed fusioninventory in only 1 computer for testing. And some switches, printers... are on the same IP range of computer.

I ensure setting up snmp on network device is fine but i don't know GLPI still not device network inventory.

Here is my task log: qs8rrp.jpg

So, if i want to device inventory in other VLAN(Such as OA and Server), do i have to install fusioninventory on at least one device? is this right?

Any help is appreciated,

Regards,

#6 2014-03-31 07:45:30

dethegeek
HELPER
Website

Hi

As you can see the message is now about SNMP equipment definition. The error says the SNMP network definition will be updated (on the agent) on next reboot, but for now, it cannot do the task. Right : just restart the service. Wait the service finished to restart (about 1 minut) and restart the task.

Since a few days (probably 2 ou 3 weeks) FusionInventory and its agent evolved and the SNMP models are now useless. I expect this error will never happen with later releases of this software.

#7 2014-03-31 08:37:42

trungmv

Hi,

I did anything but nothing happen with task. I also press button Force start but still now happen, i did not see the log

Could you please answer completely question above?

Thanks in advance

#8 2014-03-31 11:28:54

dethegeek
HELPER
Website

Sorry :

Installing at least one agent on each VLAN depends on your VLAN setup.

As far as I know an agent needs to find devices using NETBIOS and SNMP.

Having at least one agent on each VLAN depends on the  configuration of your networking devices . Do you have a switch (layer 3) connected to all these VLANs which allows some traffic between them ?

#9 2014-03-31 11:36:51

trungmv

Hi,

Yes, i have switches layer 3.

Because I want to setting up inventory for VLANs, fusioninventory can do this?

I just deleted a task and create a new task then Force start press but nothing happen, also did not see any logs --> strange??ngaek8.jpg

Thanks.

#10 2014-03-31 12:45:04

dethegeek
HELPER
Website

You may install an agent per vlan (or more). Be sure the port 80 (or 443 if you use SSL) on your LAMP/WAMP is reachable by your agents. It is comfortable to also have the port 62354 on your agents reachable by your GLPI server.

Your task is missing an agent : look at "action" below "network discovery". Only the agents do the discovery, or the inventory. If you do not specify at least one agent, you will not discover or inventory anything.

#11 2014-04-01 11:05:19

trungmv

Hi dethegeek,

Thank you so much for pointing me to the right way.

Now i can inventory more and more devices on our network. I can see many types of device at Unknown device on Fusioninventory pligin.

1) So, to inventory  everything completely on computers(software, capacity...), i must to install Fusioninventory on each computer, Am I right?

2) After implemented a Inventory Task, i can using Network discovery(SNMP), Am i right?

3) But i only want to network discovery(SNMP) for a specific  VLAN(such as Server), do i can get all information these servers?

4) May i can create one more Asset type, such as UPS? how to do?

5) I have switches layer 3 but can not get information completely via snmp as the other switche, how to resolved this?2wp353b.jpg

Sorry for many questions, hope you can help me to resolved.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by trungmv (2014-04-01 11:39:22)

#12 2014-04-04 08:08:31

dethegeek
HELPER
Website

Hi

1) You're right

2) No : you must first do a network discovery, and then a network inventory.
Discovery searches the existence of devices
Inventory collects information from a discovered device

3) You need at least one agent in this VLAN (or able to do NETBIOS and SNMP from an other VLAN to the target one) and ask him to discover and inventory the IP range corresponding to the devices you wish to inventory.

4) You may try a plugin named Generic Objects. I also thinking about creating plugins for specific devices types, but I already have to work on others...

5) This is due to the ugly SNMP implementation done by manufacturers. SNMP is not simple, although S means Simple sad .... You should ask for these devices in the FusionInventory Forum : the developers will probably appreciate your reports and you may help to improve support for your devices. Here is the link to the forum : http://forum.fusioninventory.org/

Have a look to the tab "Fusinv SNMP". Do you have a sysdesc filled here ?

P.S. sorry for the delay, I missed the email notification.

Last edited by dethegeek (2014-04-04 08:57:15)

#13 2014-04-08 10:12:16

trungmv

Hi,

Thank you for strongly support me.

1. I just installed Generic Objects, it is a plugin but i means may i have add more subject to Asset on Menu's glpi or something i wrong setup with this plugin?

2. I can see sysdesc in Fusion SNMP but can not gathering information completely:
28vu242.jpg

3. I have setup Task to inventory Periodicity: 4hours but seem to only Agent management on Fusion Inventory plugin is being update, not update on glpi. How to resolved this issue?

Any help is appreciated,

Last edited by trungmv (2014-04-08 10:14:41)

#14 2014-04-08 12:27:39

dethegeek
HELPER
Website

Hi

1. All new assets created by plugins go to the plugins menu. I saw this will change in GLPI 0.85. I'd like too having custom assets in the assets menu. we both have to be patient smile

2. On your screenshot your settings seems good. Can you provide a screenshot of the tab named "import information" ? You will find the rule applied to each imported data (which says how the collected data are associated to your device (by mac, by name, or something else). You will also find a table with all data collected by SNMP.

3. If I understand you correctly, this task runs inventory on computers.  Are the computers appearing in GLPI (in computers assets) or in FusionInventory (in unknown devices) ?

#15 2014-04-10 09:43:42

trungmv

Hi,

1. So we have to wait until to the new GLPI version release.

2. Here is on my import information tab, some fields are empty but at Rule import logs i can saw many logs(i installed only 1 agent on a computer it is vncd10050):30mwzgo.jpg

3. Computer appearing both of GLPI and Funsioninventory, but the time updated(Last contact column on Agents management of Fusioninventory and Last update on Computers --> Assets --> GLPI) on these is difference.

Any help is appreciated,

Last edited by trungmv (2014-04-10 09:48:55)

Board footer