You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-10-09 00:06:25

APM SUpport

Processor Speeds rounding and Mega/Giga

Using GLPI v 080.7
I'll be the first to tell you that this is a pet peeve only and is not a critical matter - it just bothers my OCD.

When I look at the frequency of the processors I enter, it rounds the number to the closest whole number.
My 2.93 GHz processors become 3 (Mhz by the way) and a 2.20 GHz processor become a 2.

Is there a way to control this rounding function? I have poured through the set up and configuartion files and I just cannot seem to find it.
Any help or guidance is appreciated.

I have the same issue with the fact that we cannot differentiate between the Megahertz/Gigahertz and Megabytes/Gigabytes. Again, any thoughts or guidance is appreciated.

#2 2012-10-09 05:12:06

ddurieux
Plugins Dev

Re: Processor Speeds rounding and Mega/Giga

2.93 GHz = 2930 MHz no?

#3 2012-10-09 19:50:37

APM SUpport

Re: Processor Speeds rounding and Mega/Giga

Thanks ddurieux.
Yes, you are absolutly right.
My concern lies in the fact that I'm not the only one who looks at this data.
The CFO for example looks at various information and, although he claims to know IT, is always a little off.
My current solution is to just understand that I'm working with components that work at "Giga" levels, not at "Mega" levels.

Still it would be nice to be able to control how this information displays...

Board footer