You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-10-04 16:25:17

preve

Bulk adding contacts using data_Injection

Hi all,

I've wanted to bulk add contacts. Source is outlook so I would convert to csv file and then bulk opload using data_injection.
The problem is when I start using model management and I try to select the type of data to input .. I can't see "CONTACTS" in that list. CONTACT TYPE, yes, but no contacts. Is this normal?

Other question: Is there a max field input in the modeler? I've exported my contacs from outlook into a XLS file and then took the top row as template to be used as model. I did do some stripping on the nr of fields but when used as model glpi hangs along the way. After 25 field it hangs on "during loading".
Do I have to strip down the nr of fields to be imported to under 25?

EDIT: On my own question.... I've limited the nr of fields that I was trying to import using the model management of the data injection. I've limited it under the 25 and all went well.
Now I need to know why my "contacts" entry isn't seen on the "type of datas to import".

Last edited by preve (2012-10-04 16:34:44)

#2 2012-10-04 16:45:20

preve

Re: Bulk adding contacts using data_Injection

I think I've got it.
If I try to add manualy a contact I see on the form "alternate username".
So I think it's not "contact" to look for in the list of "type of datas to import" but "alternate username".
Wondering why it isn't called contacts like the menu name in GLPI itself?
Will try in the morning to add it by using alternate username.

#3 2012-10-05 08:53:05

preve

Re: Bulk adding contacts using data_Injection

preve wrote:

I think I've got it.
If I try to add manualy a contact I see on the form "alternate username".
So I think it's not "contact" to look for in the list of "type of datas to import" but "alternate username".
Wondering why it isn't called contacts like the menu name in GLPI itself?
Will try in the morning to add it by using alternate username.

CONFIRMED.
When you want to use data injection and you make a model for "CONTACTS" then you will have to select "ALTERNATE USERNAME" as "type of datas to import".
The only problem is that this kind of contact doesn't have an ADDRESS FIELD of some kind. Or you will have to add it to the comments.

Board footer