You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-09-13 17:48:38

LucyA

A link to the Mysql server could not be established

Totally inexperienced in all aspects, I have been slowly and carefully setting up GLPI on and off for a few weeks.  Yesterday configured the Active Directory link and I manually added a few users which it recognised.

Also made a few minor changes to the permissions of the self-service and technician users.

Then server froze and I had to reboot.  Now I get no login box, just the message "A link to the Mysql server could not be established. Please check your configuration."

Going from advice on this forum I checked my config_db.php which is as follows:

<?php
class DB extends DBmysql {

var $dbhost = 'pandora';

var $dbuser     = 'root';

var $dbpassword= 'Bf186%2AD2';

var $dbdefault    = 'glpi';

}
?>

I installed MySql a few weeks ago, accessed it a few times in the early stages but have not touched it for ages, and have never changed the password.

I am showing all the details above because the password is actually is Bf186*D2 and I'm wondering if the way it is displayed here has some relevance?

Again as advised on this forum, I removed the config_db.php in order to rerun the GLPI installation but when I get to the MySql page it tells me I am using the wrong password.

Can anyone help, please? Mysql, php and glpi are all things I have never encountered before, it's been hard work and I can't bear the thought of having to start again!

Everything is installed on one server:
Win 2003 sp2
IIS 6
MySql 5.5
php 5.3.15
GLPI  0.83.4

Thank you very much in anticipation.

Board footer