You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-09-08 18:15:23

ijeffers

Difference between a problem and a ticket

Hi all

This will sound like a stupid question, but in GLPI I don't understand the difference between a problem and a ticket.

I can see that you can create a problem and then link tickets to that problem, and that you can add followups to tickets but you can't seem to do anything other then alter the status of the problem.

Therefore, whats the purpose in having problems if you can't update them with followups or am I missing the point? (Problems to me sound more like a user help desk, tickets for hardware issues but then that can't work in it's current state...)

Thanks smile

#2 2012-09-08 19:48:14

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: Difference between a problem and a ticket

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

#3 2012-09-09 10:32:55

harshal_raj

#4 2012-09-09 14:18:22

ijeffers

Ok, so that makes a bit more sense.

In a basic sense is this then right:

Tickets fall into the Incident principle and so for my understanding, users still continue to log tickets.

Tickets that resolve arround the same overarching issue should then, in theory, be linked to a problem for further investigation/analysis.

If so, going back to another part of the question, how do you make any changes to problems other then update the main text of a problem or alter the status? Or is the aim that followups aren't required it's all contained within the main subject? Or have I missed something out in the reading somewhere?

Thanks!

Board footer