You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-06-26 08:39:31

chaudhary.umesh

How to rename a field

Hi,
I wanted to rename a field called Inventory Number to Asset Code
Which is available at Inventory --> Computers --> Components
Also can i remove / hide the field Alternate username number & Alternate username

Please help to get this done.

Thanks
Umesh Chaudhary

#2 2012-06-26 08:51:08

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: How to rename a field

> I wanted to rename a field called Inventory Number to Asset Code
See the renamer pugin.

> Also can i remove / hide the field Alternate username number & Alternate username
This is not a feature

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

#3 2012-06-29 06:39:39

taych

Re: How to rename a field

Thanks for the tips on the "renamer" plugin.

For my situation, I wanted to have a field to store the servers (inventory) role...like that server is use for Web Apps or Remote Login and etc.
Previously I was using "Comment" to do it but I felt it is a bit of wasted the "Comment" field.

Then it got me thinking that, maybe I use the "Alternate Username" instead. Beside.. on a typical server, there will always be more than one person accessing that server (lets say remote login server). In that situation, the "Alternate Username" will be filled with more than one username name. It is like of waste or not useful.

With that, I rename the "Alternate Username" to "System Role / Alternate Username" and then enable "Lock" for that field. With that, I can use that field to enter the system role for all the servers in the inventory record.

Board footer