You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-06-11 10:46:36

reqman

Questions regarding opening tickets by email

Hello all,

got a couple of question regarding the creation of tickets, over email. I have:

* setup a receiver in Setup -> receivers. This receives email manually, without any issues.

* The Setup -> automatic actions -> mailgate action works. I do not understand though, why sometimes it lists "Action completed, no processing required" and now it says "Action completed, fully processed".

* Finally, I have created a business rule, that has a single criterion: if receiver is <myreceiveraccount>, then set "assign-to group" <myowngroup>

Now here's where I have number of questions/problems.

1) I can see that emails are sitting in the POP-3 account of the receiver. If I go to Setup -> Receivers and and press "List of no imported emails" I can see an email sitting there. If I select it and press "import" to "root entity" it is imported fine and the business rule is succesfully applied, sending my So my question is why doesn't GLPI retrieve the email and why it doesn't apply the business rule to it.

2) Aren't the emails sent to my receiver account deleted? How can I configure GLPI to empty the POP-3 mailbox, in order to avoid it consuming a large size?

Glpi 9.4.6

#2 2012-06-11 10:49:44

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: Questions regarding opening tickets by email

Action completed, no processing required => mailbox is empty
Action completed, fully processed => mail available

1/ check the Setup Rules for assign ticket entity.

2/ yes email are deleted by GLPI

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

#3 2012-06-11 12:46:05

reqman

Re: Questions regarding opening tickets by email

remi wrote:

Action completed, no processing required => mailbox is empty
Action completed, fully processed => mail available

Thanks for the clarification.

1/ check the Setup Rules for assign ticket entity.

Hmm, I did have a rule under Administration -> Rules -> "Rules for assigning a ticket created through a mail receiver". The rule is enabled and should work fine though, but it doesn't...

2/ yes email are deleted by GLPI

You are correct, I had to manuall retrieve emails in order for the POP-3 account to get empty.

Glpi 9.4.6

Board footer