You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2024-04-12 14:18:43

glpibugreporter

Entity Structuring - cross accessibility

Hello,

I would like to share a idea to make the GLPI project more functional.
GLPI  hast all its need in its mysql database I have already take a look.
The entity structure is not bad but you can configure it like you need it in some cases.

I would like to crossjoin and share my entity to serveral profiles.

My structure looks like:
ROOT
├── Business Unit
│   ├── Department
│   └── Department
└── Business Unit
    ├── Department
    │   ├── Monitoring
    │   └── Tickets
    └── Department

I want a profile for each Department.
The Profile should be able to see all Tickets in just theire department.
The User should be able to see all tickets they postet or reffered in other departments.
All member should be able to post tickets in all other departments but with destrictions.
The visibility of some entities should be disallowed.

Now the problem:
I know you can go recrusive threw all entities to give the user itself the vision.
I lknow you can also go dynamic for this.
But the PROBLEM is, you can not reffer a profile for each entity or allow the profile to see all tickets in theire entity.
Also it is NOT possible to cross join entities.
When My user are stroed in theire Business Unit, maybe they cooperate with other Units, then I must move them into the root and give them the visibility of all levels.

I miss the functionality of the accessibility for cross joining entities and accessibility for profile restrictions on a entity.
You already have everything you need for that in the database stored and it it would make it more object oriented.
Please let me assign User to a Profile and the Profile with restrictions to entities and this also cross joined by child entities.

Board footer