You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2024-03-21 15:56:39

SomeDude

Reset Ticket ID´s

Hello,

can I somehow reset Ticket ids via the console?

Thanks

#2 2024-03-22 21:39:27

cconard96
Website

Re: Reset Ticket ID´s

No. Once a ticket ID is consumed, you cannot start over. Ticket IDs are assigned by the database itself through an AUTO INCREMENT key. Even if you forcibly reset the increment back to 1, you risk overwriting IDs already assigned if tickets still exist or using an ID that is referenced by some orphaned data in GLPI itself or plugins that cause items that were related to old tickets suddenly being attached to new tickets.

GLPI Collaborator and Plugin Developer.
My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

#3 2024-03-26 13:31:05

mecmav

you can reset ticket's ID, but it's not an easy task.
you need to do a truncate in many tables in your database
if you have so many ID's registered in your database, need to review in tables that have these ID's to clean all the tables using the truncate in each of the tables.

#4 2024-03-26 13:57:45

cconard96
Website

It is really not worth all the potential issues if you miss references in the database, just to reset the ticket ID counter.

GLPI Collaborator and Plugin Developer.
My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

Board footer