You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2022-09-25 00:36:39

WebGreg

Software inventory

Hi

For me, the method of software inventory is still not entirely clear.

Example - The Candy Crush.

1. I see this software on the list of one of the computers.

543f4bb4403e9.jpg

2. I log on to this computer, but the program is not installed.

3. I open the inventory file and see it in the path:
Candy Crush Friends        uwp            C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\king.com.CandyCrushFriends_1.88.4.0_x64__kgqvnymyfvs32        store            1.88.4.0            king.com   
Candy Crush Saga        uwp            C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\king.com.CandyCrushSaga_1.2360.3.0_x64__kgqvnymyfvs32        store    1.2360.3.0            king.com

4. I open the folder and it is:

10dd52cd86349.jpg

5. But when I go to the store's website, I have a link to download the game. So basically I don't have it on my computer. I can't find it anywhere outside of this folder.

The situation with Edge is similar.

1. I have version 44, 103, 105...42, 105...50

e7354493aa407.jpg

2. But I don't have version 44 in the folder. In addition, I have a lot of other versions.

6c5f3ca409f34.jpg

3. Why was version 44 inventoried if it is not in the folder? Candy Crush has been inventoried - it is only in this folder. If so... why haven't many other versions of Edge been inventoried when they are in a folder? Why only a few of these specific versions?

I get a lot of hits in the software inventory results. In my opinion, too many and not entirely in line with reality.
It seems to me that Candy Crush, for example, should not appear on the list at all. Microsoft Edge - can't it only display 1 version from the last inventory?
Unless the point is to see that, for example, a program for one user is in the newest version, but for another is older, with some vulnerability.
The question is whether it is actually in an older version, or is it just a matter of an outdated entry and if the other user logs into his account, the entry would be updated. But the old version of the program is not really there anymore.

How do you deal with it to stay organized and in control of your software?

At the moment, in my opinion, the inventory is too accurate and records a lot of unnecessary entries. Maybe it would be better if it was less accurate? For example, who needs information about Microsoft WindowsAlarms?

c639b906c9042.jpg

eb4045afbeeaf.jpg

Last edited by WebGreg (2022-09-25 00:45:27)

--
GLPI 10.0.7
GLPI-Inventory 1.2.1
Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS

#2 2022-09-26 14:35:58

gbougard
Website

Re: Software inventory

Hi WebGreg,

you don't see it for your user but see the folder. This means it has been installed for another user.

You should use Get-AppxPackage command to identify which user is concerned:
See https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power … ver2022-ps

GLPI-Agent developer from Teclib' and GLPI-Network team
Previously FusionInventory-Agent maintainer

#3 2022-09-26 21:08:36

WebGreg

Hi gbougard

Yea I know that. But I wonder why, if the folder means - user installation, why do I see more folders than the agent inventories?

It is a pity that the agent does not immediately provide the profile - life would be easier.

--
GLPI 10.0.7
GLPI-Inventory 1.2.1
Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS

#4 2022-09-28 11:20:03

gbougard
Website

Hi WebGreg,

you should probably open an issue on GLPI GH as it seems inventory format supports setting a "username" property for a software entry but it seems not correctly handled in GLPI as there's not user column in a computer softwares list. And even when checking a given software, a user can be set on the software but not on a version basis. I think this point is wrong in GLPI.

You should also create a glpi-agent issue as it should probably define the "username" property for "uwp" packages. Actually, it is only set on "registry" softwares if you enable the "scan-profiles" option and the agent finds a software installed for a given user (but this doesn't not include "uwp" packages).
You should then link the 2 issues.

GLPI-Agent developer from Teclib' and GLPI-Network team
Previously FusionInventory-Agent maintainer

Board footer