You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2022-04-30 21:09:16

WebGreg

GLPI Inventory - a few questions about how it works

Hi

GLPI: 10.0.0
PHP: 7.4.3 apache2handler
GLPI Inventory: Version: 1.0.0

1. Discovery job - 3 devices discovered and 0 imported, 0 not imported and 0 linked. Why? Since he found 3 devices, he should do something with them.

2. Where can I check the details of the task completion? What are these devices?

3. Fusioninventory plugin has: Administration > Fusioninventory > Rules > Asset skipped during import. I could check skipped devices, but I don't see such an option in GLPI Inventory plugin.

4. Administration > GLPI Inventory > Tasks > Monitoring / Logs > why is it empty here?

5. Discovery job needs the glpi-agent-task-network. At the https://github.com/glpi-project/glpi-agent/releases under "Debian / Ubuntu packages" there is the information: "Better use glpi-agent-1.2-linux-installer.pl when possible". OK, but where is the information how? When I installed glpi-agent-1.2-linux-installer.pl, the package did not appear and I had to add it manually.

6. What are the options for:
"Agent wakeup interval (in minutes)"
and
"Number of agents to wake up"
When I choose nothing there, the tasks are also successful.

7. How do you set your "Inventory frequency (in hours)"? 1 hour? 3? 24? I wonder what are the best practices in this regard.

8. Why do I have to create a task and a job to it, if I cannot add several jobs? Wouldn't it be easier to do it in one place? Or, allow multiple jobs to be added under one task?

Last edited by WebGreg (2022-04-30 21:14:07)

--
GLPI 10.0.7
GLPI-Inventory 1.2.1
Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS

#2 2022-04-30 21:53:36

WebGreg

Re: GLPI Inventory - a few questions about how it works

Ad 1 - It could be a bug. I deleted the switch, started job and it has been added again, although in the summary they are all 0 again.

--
GLPI 10.0.7
GLPI-Inventory 1.2.1
Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS

Board footer