You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2021-11-13 12:53:51

WebGreg

[SOLVED] alternate user fields - why isn't it cleared?

Hello.

Even if no one is logged on to the computer Fusioniventory returns username.

1. No one is logged in.

alternate user fields: user1@domain     < incorrect, should be empty

2. User2 is logging in.

alternate user fields: user2@domain/user1@domain     < the user2 is indicated correctly, but the user1 is not (should only be indicated when both are logged in).

3. User2 is logging off.

alternate user fields: user1@domain     < the user2 is cleared correctly but user1@domain is still here.

Last edited by WebGreg (2021-11-23 18:42:45)

--
GLPI 10.0.7
GLPI-Inventory 1.2.1
Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS

#2 2021-11-15 15:53:41

gbougard
Website

Re: [SOLVED] alternate user fields - why isn't it cleared?

Hi WebGreg,

indeed, "alternate username" field also include the last logged user so it permits to know who is normally using the computer. This is why it is named "alternate" and not just "connected".

GLPI-Agent developer from Teclib' and GLPI-Network team
Previously FusionInventory-Agent maintainer

#3 2021-11-16 00:51:24

WebGreg

Sounds good, but I don't quite understand "the last logged user". If the field shows "user1" > after user2 login > user1/user2 > why after logging out user2 I see "user1" not last "user2"?
Does the plugin count the working time and display who works longer at a station? Or it will always display the first one who logged in.

--
GLPI 10.0.7
GLPI-Inventory 1.2.1
Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS

#4 2021-11-16 10:57:32

gbougard
Website

Windows is full of mistery ;-)
Anyway, that was weird to me too, but I though your "user1" was not really delogged. Also it seems to me windows is always reopening a session for the last logged user on reboot but keeping it locked but I'm not a windows expert. So if user2 is logging while a user1 session is still there but locked, the agent will always see user1 as logged.
Anyway, you can check the "HARDWARE/LASTLOGGEDUSER" field from the inventory XML, even if this value was obsoleted in the inventory, it still has some meaning...

GLPI-Agent developer from Teclib' and GLPI-Network team
Previously FusionInventory-Agent maintainer

#5 2021-11-16 18:33:39

WebGreg

Heh, you have right about mistery wink But I'm sure it is not problem with locked session - I checked it.

--
GLPI 10.0.7
GLPI-Inventory 1.2.1
Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS

#6 2021-11-20 00:26:58

WebGreg

OK, I already know what's going on, and because maybe someone will also be interested in the future...

Apparently the alternate username is being taken from: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI  /LastLoggedOnUser

What does this field do? On the windows log in screen, it displays the last user who log in, and that last user only has to type in their password to log in. If another user wants to log in, he has to switch user and type his username and password.

Why does this data remain unchanged when I log in? Because I am a lazy administrator who uses RDP wink RDP doesn't change this field.

It can be turned off, but it doesn't really make sense.

Computer Configuration > Windows settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > “Interactive Logon: Do not display last user name”.

It doesn't make sense in my opinion because I'm afraid that the field will always be empty then - I haven't checked it. But... on the other hand, it may be some argument for security issues - there are still users who "stick the password on the monitor". With this option, you cannot be sure which user is using it. When the system displays the username - you only need to crack the password.

--
GLPI 10.0.7
GLPI-Inventory 1.2.1
Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS

Board footer