You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2021-05-15 11:40:30

maxprox

how do I create a flexible maintenance plan in GLPI?

HI,
I’m very new with GLPI, and I have one main Problem/Question.
I’m an admin for around 15-20 little networks, every with one Linux virtualization (Proxmox)
server and some virtual machines (VMs), one Backup-Server and so on. My regular Work (until now without automatism) is an Update or Upgrade Job, often with reboots and in addition to our monitoring system (zabbix) at this regular Work I have a look if “everything works fine”.

Before GLPI (and until now) I log this work with an Excel Spreadsheet, one Spreadsheet for one customer and one LAN, with the DATE of the work per server or VM. At the end off one column I always have the last date of the last maintenance work per server or VM.
There is also a worksheet for a general overview. Here it is calculated whether the date of the maintenance work is older than 40 days, then the cell turns yellow, if the date is older than 60 days it turns red... (if it helps I can post a screenshot).
So I always have an overview of where the next maintenance work has to be done and the number of days how long the last maintenance was old. In addition, a protocol of this work is created.

Is it possible to map something similar in GLPI?

I think logging the work is not the problem, but how do I get a notification when the next maintenance work is due. And all of this in an overall overview? for example using a filter?
At least an overview of the sequence is important, after the question: "When is the next maintenance required, for which customer?"

The main problem is probably that it is NOT always the exact date and NOT always, for example, "every 30 days". This maintenance work should be handled flexibly, depending on the situation sometimes after 20 days sometimes after 40 ...
I need an overview how old the last work was, preferably in days or comparable, or a sorted list of all maintenance work would help
Any ideas or suggestions?
regards,
maxprox

Last edited by maxprox (2021-05-16 23:25:45)

Board footer