You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2020-12-21 11:56:33

mklimasz

[SOLVED] Docs are displayed under each Knowledge Base article [9.5.3]

This is solved under #8431 bugfix. Sorry for bothering...

Hi

Very unusual behavior, experienced in only one environment (unfortunately - PROD, not TEST...) - when approaching Knowledge Base (either Browse or Manage view) all attachments visible from within selected Entity are displayed on each KB article. The lower I go in the Entities structure, the narrower the list becomes.

Tried to trace back, but none of the queries that I can see returns the number of documents that I observe on each article (they're shown under "Associated Elements" column). Disabling the plugins doesn't change anything.

When I enter onto any of the KB articles, it is correctly showing no attachments / 1 or 2 that are factually put there, so the issue seem to only affect the global view.

What should I try to remediate this issue? Needless to say - it is not feasible to browse the KB, as it loads for ages (each article x all attachments visible). Any clue on how to approach and remediate?

Bests,
Michal

Additional technical info: glpi_documents correctly holds all the documents, no deviations discovered, and glpi_documents_items is also correctly linking the KnowbaseItem type of items (just 13 rows), thus no idea where those crazy all-on-all originate from...

Last edited by mklimasz (2020-12-21 14:38:08)

#2 2020-12-28 10:12:05

gunecks

Re: [SOLVED] Docs are displayed under each Knowledge Base article [9.5.3]

Hello everybody,

After updating from 9.5.2 to 9.5.3 I have the same problem as described above.

Is there a solution for this? When searching for # 8431 bugfix I couldn't find anything.

I ask for help - thank you very much :-)

Best regards

Gunnar Ecks

#3 2020-12-28 16:06:39

cconard96
Website

8431 is the pull request number in GLPI's GitHub repository.
https://github.com/glpi-project/glpi/pull/8431
Looks like the fix will be included in version 9.5.4 when it is released.

GLPI Collaborator and Plugin Developer.
My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

#4 2020-12-28 16:22:13

gunecks

cconrad96

Thank you! :-) I fix it with restore by the old version of the  inc/knowbaseitem.class.php

Great

#5 2020-12-29 11:54:06

mklimasz

Hi

Perhaps I too brief explaining what I did to remediate - sorry...

I simply pulled the updated version of inc/knowbaseitem.class.php from GitHub 9.5/bugfixes branch: https://github.com/glpi-project/glpi/tree/9.5/bugfixes and this solved the situation (actually, I've applied all available bugfixes, just to be sure I'm not missing anything...). This way I'm not retrofitting anything but rather incorporating whatever new functionality there is plus knowledge on known errors...

Board footer