You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2020-05-28 17:04:58

mklimasz

Global view on Assets renders empty - GLPI 9.4.6

Hi

After upgrading to 9.4.6 (bugfix package or one file - tested both) the Global view on assets returns zero records. All other views (Computers, Phones, Printers...) are working normally. When switching to debug mode, it returned:

Fatal error: Call to a member function isEntityAssign() on null in /var/www/html/inc/search.class.php on line 3292

Two independent machines (different databases) exhibit exactly the same behavior after upgrading to newest version. Any clue on how to remediate or proceed with workaround?

Bests,
Michal.

#2 2020-05-28 17:13:29

Phorta

Re: Global view on Assets renders empty - GLPI 9.4.6

Hi

" the Global view on assets returns zero records. All other views (Computers, Phones, Printers...) are working normally. "

I've had this same problem since version 9.4.4... I installed the 9.4.5 and the problem continues

#3 2020-05-28 17:17:43

mklimasz

Hi

Interesting... I still got 9.4.5 (third machine) and it is working just right (Global displays everything current context allows - Entity + Access level). Might it be configuration related issue? In the past it was dependent on columns displayed (found 9.1.1 bug description), but the error tells something else? In debug mode it gives back the same error as I reported?

Bests,
M.

#4 2020-05-28 19:32:39

Phorta

"In the past it was dependent on columns displayed (found 9.1.1 bug description)"

in my case, when Access Assets > global the screen goes blank...
now that you said something interesting, really in one of the old versions of GLPI this function was ok, until the day I wanted to add some column in the preview and everything stopped...
Do you happen to have the link to this bug you described? and most importantly... the solution ?

#5 2020-05-29 09:45:53

mklimasz

Hi

Yes, sounds related...

Let's summarize:
1. Bug described for 9.1.1 is here: https://forum.glpi-project.org/viewtopic.php?id=156155 yet it referred to a bad contents of the database (adding a column should get it resolved). This is not the case we experience (error in debug mode gives back that there is something wrong with referemcing isEntityAssing() -> NULL?)
2. There was some topic not long ago about displaying various assets, when Technician or Group Responsible were listed in columns. This regarded GLPI 9.x.x family - to display correctly it was enough to eradicate those columns from the view; yet, again, debug shown different error - it was a missing reference on the specific fields, not a general error we experience.

Bottom line is: could You, please, enter into debug mode, hit Assets->Global and confirm You're having the same error as mine? I was able to replicate this error on two independent systems, and it only appeared when migrating to 9.4.6. Mine 9.4.5 is running just fine. What bothers me in addition: I'm not able to compare columns displayed between 9.4.5 and 9.4.6, because the latter simply do not display anything, including wrench icon that would allow me to reconfigure the view.

Columns in 9.4.5 Assets->Global: Name, Entity, Serial Number, Status, Location
Columns in 9.4.6 Assets->Global: unknown...

Columns in 9.4.5 Assets->Computers: Name, Entity, Location, Status, Serial Number, Name, Notes, IP, Inventory/Asset Number, Warranty Expiration Date (second Name field is not an error - it means OS Name)
Columns in 9.4.6 Assets->Computers: exactly the same as above

#6 2020-05-29 17:20:33

Phorta

Come on, let's go.
I'm not familiar with debug mode...
me comes this answer when I trigger ....

"PHP Notice: Undefined index: name in /home/u234704734/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/glpi/plugins/genericobject/inc/functions.php at line 17
PHP Notice: Undefined index: arcondicionadomodels_id in /home/u234704734/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/glpi/plugins/genericobject/inc/field.class.php at line 299"

I had to disable the Dashboard plugin to be able to access the global menu..
I'm using the Genericobject plugin for registering non-IT assets
my current configuration is:
Debian 7,
MariaDB 10.3.8,
PHP 7.3.16
GLPI 9.4.5

Plugins list

actualtime           Name: ActualTime                     Version: 1.2.0      State: Not activated
    appliances           Name: Appliances                     Version: 2.5.0      State: Enabled
    barcode              Name: Barcode                        Version: 2.4.0      State: Not activated
    fields               Name: Campos adicionais              Version: 1.10.1     State: Not activated
    positions            Name: Cartografia                    Version: 4.6.0      State: Not installed
    behaviors            Name: Comportamental                 Version: 2.2.1      State: Enabled
    escalade             Name: Escalonamento                  Version: 2.4.4      State: Not installed
    datainjection        Name: File injection                 Version: 2.7.0      State: Enabled
    formcreator          Name: Form Creator                   Version: 2.9.1      State: Not activated
    gappessentials       Name: Gapp Essentials                Version: 1.1.0      State: Enabled
    order                Name: Gerenciamento das ordens de co Version: 2.5.2      State: Not installed
    genericobject        Name: Gerenciamento de objetos       Version: 2.8.0      State: Enabled
    mod                  Name: GLPI Modifications             Version: 1.5.1      State: Enabled
    pdf                  Name: Imprimir em PDF                Version: 1.6.0      State: Enabled
    timelineticket       Name: Linha do tempo dos chamados    Version: 9.4+1.0    State: Enabled
    mreporting           Name: Mais Relatórios                Version: 1.6.1      State: Not activated
    satisfaction         Name: Mais satisfação                Version: 1.4.4      State: Not activated
    metabase             Name: metabase                       Version: 1.0.0      State: Enabled
    moreticket           Name: More ticket                    Version: 1.5.1      State: Enabled
    ocsinventoryng       Name: OCS Inventory NG               Version: 1.6.0      State: Not installed
    dashboard            Name: Painel                         Version: 0.9.8      State: Enabled
    manageentities       Name: Portal de entidades            Version: 3.1.0      State: Not installed
    resources            Name: Recursos humanos               Version: 2.6.3      State: Not installed
    reports              Name: Relatórios                     Version: 1.13.0     State: Not activated

#7 2020-06-01 10:01:24

mklimasz

Hi

These may unfortunately be two different cases...

What I reported also appears in issues on GitHub's GLPI section (https://github.com/glpi-project/glpi/issues/7326) - and repeats isEntityAssign() "null" issue in line 3292. In accordance with preliminary analysis - it seems like syntax error, because assignment for $item in case AllItem class is searched would always be null (so it may never work that way). We'd need to wait until the issue is remediated by code change (I think).

What might be Your case, thou, may be relevant to that part: "Undefined index: arcondicionadomodels_id". What would happen if You disable genericobject plugin? Name of the field indicates that this might be the one created in addition to the standard template, and may be causing the issue in Your case... There are two possibilities, of course:
- disabling the plugin would get You all happy (=it will start to work, and then what remains is to chase the interaction of genericobject plugin with that view - through bug tracker for example)
- disabling the plugin will bring Your system to standard "null" error in line 3292 (an issue created by plugin just masks the real problem beneath...)

Anyway, I think it is worth a shot, just to make sure. Disabling the plugins (at least temporary) would allow to check where is potentially the root cause. In the past I saw problems arising from plugins interaction (especially when they were obsolete).

Bests,
Michal

#8 2020-06-02 15:12:04

mklimasz

It seem that is has been fixed (line 3292 symptom): https://github.com/glpi-project/glpi/pull/7294

Testing on my instance(s)...

Board footer