You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2011-10-28 03:32:55

joaquingt

External Authentication

Hi,

is there any feature to authenticate the login using an external databse ?.  I mean not using Active Directory, for example using an oracle database.

We are trying to implement GLPI, we have a lot of users already using an intranet connecting to an Oracle Database, so (please correct me if im wrong) i need to manually add all those users in GLPI Database, then i need to configure glpi to authenticate the user from the login screen to my oracle database. ???

is there a pluging already made to do this auth ?? or needs to be made ???

if someone already has done something like this, could you give me some light to resolve this ??

any help appreciatted

Regards,

Joaquin Mendez.

#2 2011-10-31 01:16:41

abdon

Re: External Authentication

Your best bet would be to use LDAP as a middle man.

I'm not an oracle person but I'm almost certain that it can cynch to an LDAP. If you figure out a way to have an LDAP server get the account information from Oracle (Oracle wallet manager comes to mind but again, I'm not an oracle person), then you are set; GLPI simply authenticates from LDAP which in turns authenticates from Oracle.

Sounds convoluted but it may be the cleanest way to get from point A to point C.

#3 2011-12-01 00:42:25

joaquingt

Re: External Authentication

Sadly we cant use LDAP, i got it working with moodle using a webservice what i do is i modified the loging auth part of moodle to authenticate with my oracle database using the webservice, if login and password match the webservice return all the user info from oracle database then i update or insert all the user data in the moodle database.

im looking to do something similar with glpi but i need to know how to insert the users manually into glpi database, maybe someone can help me giving me some info about what tables and fields are a must to insert a new user as post-only.

Thank you

Board footer