You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2011-10-26 12:37:38

theone

Mailgate (automatic action) Doesn't work as expected.

Hello folks,

First of all we all are happy for new version [is always good help to support the GLPI community, because it's never sleeps ^^.) ]

Guys, the mail gate is programed to check every single minute for new mail anyway it's doesn’t work great.. sometime we got sync on 10 - 15 mins, sometimes with 2 or 5 mins, I've no LOCK in _crond folder, and the system seems to be perfecly for work like we expected.  There's some special configuration which can we do on (linux/crond) or an special configuration on GLPI core for it work as well?
        Thanks for assistance, and best regards from Brazil.  wink

One  big_smile

#2 2011-10-26 12:56:56

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: Mailgate (automatic action) Doesn't work as expected.

To have a regular execution, using the system cron + task in CLI mode is the best solution.

You can also need to increase, in the configuration, "Maximal number of automatic actions (run by CLI) :" (3 seems a good value)

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

#3 2011-10-26 13:13:28

theone

Thanks for your answer... So I have some questions more about it (sorry for my inconvenience) sad 

remi wrote:

To have a regular execution, using the system cron + task in CLI mode is the best solution.

Q: How to use a system cron (where can I set this, can you give me a route?). Task in CLI mode = OK (it's in automatic actions).

(my crontab -e):
# GLPI Tickets by E-mail Check (mailgate function):
*/1 * * * * php /var/www/vhosts/smsynergy/cct/front/cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1
*/1 * * * * php /var/www/vhosts/smsynergy/cct/front/crontask.php > /dev/null 2>&1

remi wrote:

You can also need to increase, in the configuration, "Maximal number of automatic actions (run by CLI) :" (3 seems a good value)

Q: It's in General Configuration ?  (it's already set)  Thanks smile

One.

Last edited by theone (2011-10-26 13:50:33)

#4 2011-12-23 16:24:05

soporte@eurofash.com

Guys,

This is the first time I post. My glpi setup is conformed by a Windows 2008 R2 server, glpi version 0.80.5. Everything is working without issues but the mailgate. Its behaviour is not consistent. It might open a ticket right away whenever and email gets sent to the email address configured, and other times it will take a day or more. As of now, no tickets have been opened even though there are quite a few mail items in the mailbox (i.e. 10 items). Looking at the log of the mail gate, it keeps saying that it finds 10 items, but then it says partially processed. Has been this way for 4 days already. Mail gate is currently configured in glpi mode. Please advice.

#5 2011-12-23 18:42:19

soporte@eurofash.com

Update! I increased the number of emails to retrieve to 400 and it actually processed all items this time.

Board footer