You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2011-09-22 13:23:23

theone

HTTP (SSL on APACHE by Design)

Guys, there's any way to set GLPI to use SSL by design ?  any config file or directive on system?

Thx.

#2 2011-09-22 14:44:05

adrianmarsh

Re: HTTP (SSL on APACHE by Design)

GLPI doesn't care about SSL (for the web interface... Authentication mechanisms are different, eg IMAP etc).

You pretty much just setup the same standard SSL configs you would for any apache config.

- Decide if you want it as a virtualised server
- Assuming you have no openssl install:  install openssl, generate a server certificate, generate the CSR, get the CSR signed by a CA and then configure Apache with the server cert, and the CA root certs if needed.
- When you access GLPI, Apache is the daemon which handles all the client to server SSL work. Your apache build also will need to have SSL built into it (most modern installation do).

For securing authentication though 9the backend GLPI -> LDAP etc), you do need to make sure the relevant PHP modules are in your PHP build, depending on what you want to do. I use LDAPS, and therefore I had to make sure that both Apache and PHP were aware of my Domain Controllers CA Root cert.

Also, I used a management tool called Webmin to do most of the grunt work on my server initially. Much easier to get up and running.

hope that helps.

GLPI 0.83.91/CENTOS5 - OCS 1.01/Win2003

Board footer