You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2011-07-27 14:57:17

Thoumsn

Problems with data injection plugin

Dear GLPI-Team,

I have a question concerning the data injection plugin.
I would like to import my network devices (switches) with the data injection plugin.
If there is another possibility to import data, then please let me know wink.

So I have a file including the switch name, port number and the mac address belonging to this port. I get this file twice a day from our computer center. Now I would like to import it into GLPI and link my computers with switches, so that I can see in which room and on which port the computers are (switches names contains room numbers).
So the switch name is my linked field. If there is a match with a switch already in database, I would like the plugin to add or update the port and the mac address of the computer connected to this port. If the plugin sets the mac addresss into the option "connected to" I would get a link to the appropriate computers.
Now, my problem is simply. I just cannot find the option "Connected to : Device MAC Address" in the item network ports of the plugin.
The glpi gui has this option, but I cannot handle this for a hundred of computers manually.
On the official plugin homepage (https://forge.indepnet.net/projects/dat … En_donnees) I saw, that this option should be there within the plugin (under the item network ports).This would be very comfortable, cause so I could modify this option "connected to" automitically. Maybe I'm blind, am I? Could you find this option in your plugin and tell me where it is, please? Do I need a special programm version?

Thanking you in anticipation

Best regards
Thomas

Last edited by Thoumsn (2011-07-27 14:58:30)

#2 2011-08-18 14:27:01

Thoumsn

Re: Problems with data injection plugin

Hey,

I still haven't found the option "Connected to: Device MAC Address". Does anybody of you found this option? Like I already told you, on the official homepage I saw this option should be avaiable. I use the newest version of GLPI 0.80.2 and also the newest datainjection plugin from the following link https://forge.indepnet.net/tarballs-plugins/ .
Could you please just have a look if this option is avaiable in your plugin? Maybe I need another version. This would be really nice. Thanks. If i set all mac-addresses of my computers automatically with the plugin to the field "connected to" for each of my switches, I will see which computers are connected to which switches (link them). This is what I need.

Thank you
Best regards
Thomas

Last edited by Thoumsn (2011-08-18 14:28:28)

#3 2011-08-18 15:22:55

wawa
GLPI-DEV
Website

the option will be available when I have enough time to code it
it's the lastest missing option to be feature compatible with the 0.72 one

#4 2011-08-18 17:22:09

Thoumsn

Hey wawa,
thanks for your reply  wink .
How long does it take to code it, what do you think?
I ask you cause this really would be a very nice feature for me and my special kind of getting informations about the network.
Did I get you right, was this option already included in version 0.72?

Best regards
Thomas

#5 2011-09-13 10:21:05

Thoumsn

Hey wawa,
I hope you enjoyed the summer holiday time...
I want to ask you for the feature I mentioned above, do you think its possible to code it in foreseeable time?
I am still interested in it.

Best regards
Thomas

Last edited by Thoumsn (2011-09-13 10:21:34)

#6 2011-09-15 23:01:32

wawa
GLPI-DEV
Website

Hi,
i'm working on it,
i hope I can finish the plugin soon

stay tuned !

#7 2011-09-29 13:41:00

wawa
GLPI-DEV
Website

Hi
could you test the lastest daily snapshot ?
I've added the port connection feature !

Board footer