You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2011-05-24 15:12:50

caimano68

Problem with search engine

Hello!
I've a problem with search engine.
I've tested this issue on glpi 0.78.2 and also on glpi 0.8 rc with the same result.

I've assigned two contract to some computer.
In the inventory i can see the contracts in column and are correct.

I want to know which computer has two contract activated.

On computer inventory in the search engine I've try to create the query as :   

Item seen contains "pc"
AND contract name -> contract1
AND contract name -> contract2

and also as:

Item seen contains "pc"
AND contract name -> contract1
OR  Item seen contains "pc"
AND contract name -> contract2.

No result with these query.

Can someone help me or this is a search engine bug?
thanks and sorry for my english.
Mariano

Glpi 0.84.8 - production  and testing - OCS 2.1.2  - Mysql 5 - Apache 2 - php5 - Ubuntu server LTS 14.04 LTS
Plugins:    behaviour, position, generic object, sim management, web services, projects _______________________________________________

#2 2011-05-24 15:18:07

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: Problem with search engine

I don't think this is possible with the search engine.

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

#3 2011-05-24 15:54:53

caimano68

remi wrote:

I don't think this is possible with the search engine.

Sorry  sad  but I don't understand why...

Have you any idea or other way  to create a query  obtaining these informations trough glpi. Is very important for us.
thanks
Mariano

Glpi 0.84.8 - production  and testing - OCS 2.1.2  - Mysql 5 - Apache 2 - php5 - Ubuntu server LTS 14.04 LTS
Plugins:    behaviour, position, generic object, sim management, web services, projects _______________________________________________

#4 2011-05-24 16:02:47

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

> I don't understand why...

When you search, all criteria apply to the same "contract", so no contract could have name = foo AND name = bar

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

#5 2011-05-24 16:31:38

caimano68

Sorry but it is a nonsense  sad  ....

I can have a contract SLA for support with a supplier
and a Leasing contract with another.

I've try also in the contract page but in in the search engine the red icon "+" does'nt esist and I can't search object connected.

#6 2011-05-26 10:07:20

FranciX
Website

Hello caiman68,

The search engine builds the SQL sentence dinamically, so when you add a contract condition it add a new table to the sencente. When you add the second contract condition the search engine don't add a new table because it already did it. So when a new where condition is added it's imposible that "column = value1 and column = value2" gives you any result.

That's because remi said the criteria apply to the same contract (table).

I hope this helps you to understand why the search engine doesn't support this.

wink

Plugin genericassets
Go and use it!

#7 2011-05-30 17:01:29

caimano68

Thank you for the reply FranciX,
But this not solve my problem.
I don't know any solution to retrieve these information without create an sql query directly on mysql.
This is not simply if the person don't have direct access to Mysql  server neutral .

Have you another alternative for these type of query?
thanks
Mariano

#8 2011-05-30 17:55:52

JMD
GLPI - Lead
Website

Actually i think you must create a specific report for the plugin report.

For the future I create a ticket for next version of glpi : https://forge.indepnet.net/issues/2826

JMD / Jean-Mathieu Doléans - Glpi-project.org - Association Indepnet
Apportez votre pierre au  projet GLPI   : Soutenir

#9 2011-05-31 09:03:49

caimano68

JMD wrote:

For the future I create a ticket for next version of glpi : https://forge.indepnet.net/issues/2826

Thanks for reply
I try to test the report plugin.
Thank you
Mariano

#10 2011-05-31 11:29:23

robbiefpi

JMD wrote:

But why for the next version of GLPI?

In a company when there is a GLPI in production, it's possible to proceed to upgrade when there is a new feature in another version?

is it not possible to add these feature in the last GLPI package with the same code version (i,.e. all the version with 0.78.x) ?

thanks
Roberto

#11 2011-06-29 22:20:22

caimano68

hello,
I've tried today the last version of  glpi (0.81) in a test enviroment but the problem whit the search engine is not solved (all is the same).
Someone have notice about that?
thanks
Mariano

#12 2011-07-01 23:19:56

JMD
GLPI - Lead
Website

Caimano : the ticket is not closed so it's normal that you don't find it in the 0,81 version of GLPI... You must be patient...

robbiefpi :

But why for the next version of GLPI?

Because this is our workflow... We could'not maintain more than one version at a time...

In a company when there is a GLPI in production, it's possible to proceed to upgrade when there is a new feature in another version?

You have the code of GLPI you could do anything if you have the skills needed...

is it not possible to add these feature in the last GLPI package with the same code version (i,.e. all the version with 0.78.x) ?

Again, You have the code of GLPI you could do anything if you have the skills needed... But it would take some time to do this...

#13 2011-09-27 22:47:27

caimano68

hello,
I've tried today the last version of  glpi (0.80.4) in a test enviroment. I've see that the ticket that was opened is closed as solved  but the problem whit the search engine for me still the same.

Can someone help me to create a correct query for that?

thanks
Mariano

#14 2011-09-28 22:36:11

JMD
GLPI - Lead
Website

Could you open a new thread in the bug section about that ?

#15 2011-10-16 20:48:55

Cjxy

caimano68 wrote:

hello, crate training puppies puppy aggression puppy whining dog growling weaning puppies puppy chewing
I've tried today the last version of  glpi (0.80.4) in a test enviroment. I've see that the ticket that was opened is closed as solved  but the problem whit the search engine for me still the same. puppy separation anxiety puppy crying leash training puppies why do dogs eat grass why do dogs eat poop puppy toilet training puppy training
Can someone help me to create a correct query for that? puppy training tips puppy barking puppy biting house training a puppy how much should i feed my puppypuppy buy marijuana seeds buy weed seeds buy cannabis seeds
thanks cannabis seeds for sale pot seeds northern lights weed a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r
Mariano

Hello Mariano,

Did you sort this out? Or did you start a new thread?

I need to do this too  hmm

Last edited by Cjxy (2011-10-16 20:51:56)

#16 2011-10-17 21:42:51

caimano68

Hello Cjxy.
I haven't solved the problem and I haven't open another thread because my test enviroment was removed by my collegue.
I have to reinstall glpi and reinsert many data and I have few time for testing.
I've tryed many query without success.
If you want open a bug as Jmd told .
I would have preferred to insert the bug with more data an test data to have a better reply.

Mariano

Board footer