You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2011-05-02 15:51:30

jip

License Management

Hi!

This is my first post here so let me begin with a "Hi all" to everyone and a big thanks in advance for your support.

We are trying to deploy a fresh GLPI install with some specific features (license management).

We have already setup the OCSng + GLPI install and all works fine but we aren't able to find a nice way to manage our licenses. We have a pool of licences for some software products (enterprise licences) and we want GLPI to report when this pool is exhausted (via report or mail, the same way it does with expired licences).

I have found this wiki that seems to do exactly what we want but we are unable to find a way to deploy it:

https://wiki.lepp.cornell.edu/lepp/bin/ … wareToGLPI

Has anyone faced this problem before or can guide us?

Thanks!

#2 2011-05-03 11:45:55

tottobauer

Re: License Management

Hi,
this Option you are interestet in isn't existant in this way any more since the Version 072
Please correct me if i am wrong.

Since this Version the Licence managing is using another way.

for now you only can add single licenses to the Software item and assosiate it to a special computer 1:1

With the Version 0.80 the assosiation will work 1:n

Your way would be to generate a report (i guess: Plugin financial-reports)

Greetings from Germany
Thorsten Bauer

Last edited by tottobauer (2011-05-03 11:46:57)

#3 2011-06-22 12:10:06

Helen Huang

Hi,
I also met some problem with license management.
As the software list import from OCS contains much free software, I want to ignore them.just like "Windows updates","Hotfix".
So I want to know if I can set a rule to pass these software, or add software blacklist to ignore.
example: when software name contains update, then assign to Free type.

If any of you know how to do, please kindly inform me, thanks!

#4 2011-06-22 12:27:56

tottobauer

Hi Helen,
that's a fine Idea, but we also did not found a way.
in the future we hope to join the developing team, to bring in Ideas for the licensing problems.

Greetings from Germany
Thorsten Bauer

Board footer