You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2011-04-07 13:27:54

elliot01

'Computers' table is trashed (need help restoring)

CentOS v5.5, GLPI v0.78.4, OCS v1.3.3

I have no idea how this has happened but our computer inventory in GLPI is totally trashed.  yikes  It has merged many 'user', 'group', 'network' (and other) fields from one record to another.

We now have computers with duplicate hostnames, MAC addresses, serials... all the software and financial management is screwed... I really don't know where to start to repair it  sad

I have a database backup from 1st April, but to restore the entire database would lose all our case activity for the duration - this would cause us major problems as we operate a busy helpdesk.

On the other hand our computer inventory in this state is absolutely devastating. I'm so confused as to what has happened.

The only option I can think of if there's any way of restoring just our computer inventory data from the backup (an *.sql dump)?

If anyone can help with this, I would be forever in your dept.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by elliot01 (2011-04-07 13:28:17)

1500+ Computers / 1100+ users

Board footer