You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2011-02-24 07:21:07

neilk

Adding new Inventory Items

Hello All,

I was in search for an asset management system and I stuck with GLPI. My problem is that I wants to use this in an environment where not much computer systems are used. Which means, in "Inventory" dropdown, I need to remove Computers, Monitors etc and add new things like cars, bike etc. Is this possible? If yes, please let me know how. I have checked every option in GLPI but couldn't find a place to customize it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Neil K

#2 2011-02-24 10:04:15

sgeorge

Re: Adding new Inventory Items

Take a look at these plugins
https://forge.indepnet.net/projects/genericobject
https://forge.indepnet.net/projects/genericassets
https://forge.indepnet.net/projects/customfields

Also, you may just rename strings in the language files.
It would be something like this
- computer types equals to bike types (double suspension, MTB, road bike)
- components would be renamed to frame, fork, wheelset, bars, stem, pedals, saddle and seatpost
In other words - use your imagination.

Hope, it will help.

#3 2011-04-13 22:34:28

leo74

These works with 0.78.4  ver ?

#4 2011-05-03 22:16:08

anderson

sgeorge wrote:

Also, you may just rename strings in the language files.
It would be something like this
- computer types equals to bike types (double suspension, MTB, road bike)
- components would be renamed to frame, fork, wheelset, bars, stem, pedals, saddle and seatpost
In other words - use your imagination.

Hope, it will help.

Any chance someone could provide some more detailed information on this?  Something like where you find the files that hold the information that would need changed?  And what information inside these files will need changed?  I have been asked to provide a ticketing and inventory management system for our building maintenance department and if I could redo the "Computer" drop down to something like "Tools" and change "Monitor" to "Vehicles" GLPI would be perfect for me.

Thanks in advance

#5 2011-05-04 08:33:55

sgeorge

All strings you need to be changed are stored in /locales/
To figure out what string to change I would recommend to switch your GLPI in to Traslation mode.

#6 2011-05-04 19:44:09

anderson

Thanks sgeorge!  I was able to change the headings for each inventory item by copying the text into a Microsoft Word doc and doing a "find and replace" then putting the contents into the original file.  I'm going to work on the components next.

Edit:  I was working on editing the inventory fields today and I finally found the translation mode mentioned previously, easily enough it was under settings.  It makes changing fields so much easier and much less likely to break other fields that the find and replace did.  Thanks again sgeorge!

Last edited by anderson (2011-05-05 19:50:34)

#7 2011-05-31 11:54:49

pj

Hi..

I want to edit the drop down list and add new items to it but unable to do so..  How can i do it?

Thanks

Last edited by pj (2011-05-31 12:11:31)

Board footer