You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-12-07 17:11:05

magmajazz

Assistance: Groups and profiles

Hi there,

I'm using the latest GLPI release 0.78.1 and GLPI since years (thx for this amazing tool!).

I try to set up GROUPS and then define users (technicians) into groups.
The aim is to give to the technicians the view of the tickets created only by they own group and not the others.

Bascially, I want the group "network administrator" doesn't see the tickets created by the group "system administrator" and vice-versa.
So I try to set it up through the "profiles" but unsuccessful up to now...

Configuration which doesn't work:
- Show tickets created by my groups : YES
- Show all tickets : : NO
- everything else from "visibility" to YES

If someone has an idea... or could confirm me that such configuration is possible.

Many thx in advance.

#2 2010-12-07 21:23:14

sean.tapscott

Re: Assistance: Groups and profiles

Couldn't you do entities for the different IT groups?  That would more easily separate them.  Not sure I understand why you'd want them to not be able to see other IT groups' tickets, but that's your call.

Then, of course, someone can manage it all using a root entity recursive profile.  They'd be able to see all tickets and which entities they exist in.

Now using 0.78.1 on CentOS.

#3 2010-12-08 18:48:30

magmajazz

Actually I already have lot of entities (1 entity per subsidiary) and our 2 groups of technicians should see all entities.

I'd like them to avoid being able to see all ticket created by the other group.
For instance, if the "network administrator" group has 100 opened tickets, it is not convenient for the "system administrator" group to work with those tickets which they don't mind...

So nobody uses "Show tickets created by my groups" versus "Show all tickets" option from profile management?
Or does someone know whether this option works or not?

Many thx in advance.

#4 2010-12-08 23:59:01

sean.tapscott

It worked for me.  I used it to create a group manager profile that one of the managers could see tickets issued by their departmental staff.

Now using 0.78.1 on CentOS.

Board footer