You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-12-03 09:56:39

pagan911

How to print the serial number using of barcode ??

please  ,  who can tell me which tools come ture the function of the title ?

#2 2010-12-06 23:56:53

angel115

Re: How to print the serial number using of barcode ??

Hi Pagan911,

Sorry for this post, I misread your title. Please discard this.
I thought you wanted to read the bare code not print them out, sorry.
I'll let it here anyway as I think it might be use full for some other peoples.

Ok, first two questions and answer:
Q- what is a barecode?
A- It's just a graphic that represent characters (Letters and Numbers)

Q- What does a barecode reader do?
A- It reads the graphic and translate it to the corresponding characters. It will then write it down on the standard output (like a keyboard would do)

End of the Q&A.

So what I mean is that this question is not related to GLPI but purely how your input device (your barecode reader) is setup.
We do use a lot of barecode reader at work, and the only thing to setup to make them work properly is to find the correct font type (which was not easy). It took us few weeks to find out the correct one.

Tips:
To make sure that your barecode reader woks fine you can do this:
Open a terminal or a text editor and scan a barecode.
If it scan it correctly it will print you the numbers and letters that are just under the barecde. (remember that you barecode reader is just like a keyboard, really. But for lazy guy)

Note: Be careful, because some times it will be able to read 90% of the characters but not the rest of them, that mean that you are using the wrong font type. So make sure to check all characters before to put it in production.
IE:
If you done your test with barecode that contain only number this is not enough, test it as well with bare code that contain letters.
And make sure to test them ALL.

I hope that helped,
Angel

Last edited by angel115 (2010-12-07 00:01:56)

Board footer