You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-11-04 17:17:01

umattu

Show entity in email notifications?

Hi all,

I am using GLPI 72.4, I have multiple entities (our remote facilities) and few techs. Each and every tech works on all of the entities, the problem comes in with email notifications. This morning a ticket came in about a phone extension that had gone down at "entity A", the ticket was assigned to the telecomm tech (who was in the field), the tech recieved the email notification on his blackberry, but was unsure of which entitiy (facility) he needed to address the problem at. This little issue has been the only complaint with the GLPI system that anyone at my company has had. Is there a way to get the entity to show in the email notifications without having to update the description manually?

I do have some experiance with PHP and have been looking into throwing the variable for the entity into the email notification, but am a little hesitant without some possible guidance. If I'm correct the file that this would be present in is the inc/mailing.class.php, but I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time LOL).

I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter, as it would make our already great GLPI implementation that much better.

Matt

#2 2010-11-04 19:05:00

sean.tapscott

Re: Show entity in email notifications?

You can change the notification templates in GLPI version 0.78.   Entity is one of the tags that you can reference in the new version's customizable notifications.

Now using 0.78.1 on CentOS.

#3 2010-11-04 19:11:21

Ricardo Barboza

How?

thanks.

Ricardo Barboza

#4 2010-11-04 19:53:03

umattu

sean.tapscott wrote:

You can change the notification templates in GLPI version 0.78.   Entity is one of the tags that you can reference in the new version's customizable notifications.

Yes I saw that .78 would allow for this, but was hoping I could somehow do it for .72.4, the reason is that in .78 the "feel" for the ticket has been completely remodeled.

One might say that it is simpler, more intuitive, etc etc.. but really I have found that many people have difficulties with any sort of change in the systems they use on a day to day basis. I have spent many MANY hours working with my employees to iron out flows on this system, I'd rather not have to redo what I have done, so early after implementing .72.4

#5 2010-11-04 20:36:11

sean.tapscott

haha, yeah, I'm still not a big fan of the changes to the ticketing in .78, but supposedly its more ITIL compliant.

Now using 0.78.1 on CentOS.

#6 2010-11-05 09:34:15

wawa
GLPI-DEV
Website

hello
I think you should take a look at this ticket : https://forge.indepnet.net/issues/1333

Board footer