You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-10-25 18:06:28

Raff

Change "Subject" of the notification email

Is there a possibility to change thesubcject of the mail sent to the users

No I have
[GLPI #0002109] Ticket Update         The drivers .....
I would like to have more descriptive :
[LU Help System  #0002109] Ticket Update         The drivers .....
Is it possible? If yes, how to do it?

Raff

#2 2010-10-25 19:21:41

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: Change "Subject" of the notification email

No, it's not possible.

It is used to attached reply as followup.

Do you remove other application name (like Word, Internet explorer, ...) ?

+

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

#3 2010-10-25 21:15:17

Raff

Yes, I understand, but it could be added instead in mail footer, like "powered by GLPI". If it is added in the subject it make our users very confused. What you think?

#4 2010-10-26 02:55:57

sean.tapscott

Remi, is there not a place to edit the ticket action tag?  Isn't the tag specific to languages?

Now using 0.78.1 on CentOS.

#5 2010-11-05 22:55:33

m.hennessy

After some digging around in the source code and searching the development repository I found the two lines that specify the subject line.

The development change I referenced can be found here: https://forge.indepnet.net/projects/glp … ions/10469

In the file /inc/notificationtarget.class.php search for:

return "[GLPI] ";

In the file /inc/notificationtargetticket.class.php search for:

return sprintf("[GLPI #%07d] ", $this->obj->getField('id'));

Change the 'GLPI' in those lines to whatever you'd like.

I haven't fully tested it but a test ticket had the proper subject. Also of note, I won't be using mail fetching so I don't mind losing that functionality if this breaks it.

As an aside, I agree with the above reasons for this change. For one thing the acronym is for a phrase not in English, therefore I want to change it before I field questions as to what 'GLPI' means. Secondly, I am in the process of customizing and re-branding the site with my company's name and colors. With that comes a change in name to fit our nomenclature.

Finally, this project is open-source and licensed under the GNU/GPLv2, so we have every right to change the name (and anything else in the code) as we see fit. If Microsoft were to release Word or Internet Explorer under the GPL the same reasoning would apply. Otherwise, it is not a fair comparison.

#6 2010-11-05 23:32:36

sean.tapscott

Interesting, m.hennessy.  I glanced through the CSS files to see if it would be easy to change the color scheme.  I always considered the CSS sheets to be about the style of the page, but I guess that would be too easy.  To change the color scheme, you have to change a whole lot more, especially since many of the tables feature rounded corners that can only be done with image files. 

If you do finish customizing the color scheme, I hope you can document it and perhaps put it in the Wiki.  I doubt it's easy to do, but sharing it with the rest of us would really help spread the knowledge.

Now using 0.78.1 on CentOS.

#7 2010-12-19 23:08:07

chris g

Sean - this is quite an old post and a few bits have changed (like the null_login.png isn't used any more), but it may give you some clues!
http://www.glpi-project.org/forum/viewt … p?id=13350

m.hennessy - did you determine whether this will break the update by email functionality?  I'm also keen to change it for the reasons above, but don't want to loose the mail facility. 

Cheers,
Chris.

Last edited by chris g (2010-12-19 23:16:18)

GLPI 0.78.1 ... but planning to upgrade soon!

Board footer