You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-08-02 06:52:00

stelliosm

Bulk Reservation

Hey guys, great work on the software. I'm in the process of slightly modifying it to meet my needs.

I have the need to be able to reserve multiple items at once, wondering if there is a way to do this?

For instance I have 100 devices in 5 different groups, 20 devices per group. If i want to book out all the devices in one group, I currently have to search for devices in 'a' group, and book out all 20 individually.

Is there a way that I could search for devices in a group, select all, and group reserve them? I realise this is a bit complex, since you need to validate that all devices are free for the period of time, just wondering if anyone has implemented something similar before I give it a shot?

Thanks for taking the time to view/respond to my post.

Stellios.

Last edited by stelliosm (2010-08-02 07:31:39)

#2 2010-08-03 16:35:23

sankesolutions

Re: Bulk Reservation

In the plugins there is something called 'Appliances' which allows you to group things together, however it still lacks the ability to check out an appliance and therefore have all the items belonging to that appliance checked out at the same time. I prefer the term collection or group to appliance but its not that difficult to get use too.

Also the appliance doesnt seem to work with the reservation system on its own either!

Im in the same situation we have tons of kit which people borrow and we are spending ages updating each individual item.

If anyone has come up with a way of linking appliances and multi checkout, that would be really handy.

Paul

#3 2011-04-21 23:24:09

JustinLaRose

Re: Bulk Reservation

yes, the "Appliances" plugin is great. I just wished allowed appliances to be reserved. Has anyone attempted to accomplished this?

Board footer