You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-06-21 22:58:27

nemmon

How to open tickets via email?

Hello,

Is it possible to have clients email a ticket in?
Basically, I have about 50 clients at different locations, I need them to email me and have the system create a ticket for me...
or... better yet, how can non-members create tickets?

#2 2010-06-22 13:12:32

GPT

Re: How to open tickets via email?

You have to configure your mail settings and after your gateway in Configuration - MailGateway

I'm not sure about if a not member could send a ticket.

If you know spanish (I am) this is the way I followed, its not finished (ask me if you need the whole guide)

Pre-requisitos:
•    Servidor de Correo Electrónico (email): con servicio IMAP y/o POP3 habilitado.
•    Serveur GLPI: versión 0.7 o superior
Creación de una cuenta de correo para la apertura de tickets
Según la configuración específica de su servidor de correo electrónico, cree una cuenta con la dirección de email que va a servir para la generación automática de nuevos tickets en GLPI. Esta cuenta debe tener habilitada la consulta de mails con los protocolos IMAP o POP3 (esta información es solo relevante si uds esta usando un servidor de correo electrónico que utiliza protocolos propietarios no estandares como en el caso de Microsoft Exchange®)
En este documento asumiremos que se va ha creado la cuenta con nombre de usuario helpdesk y clave GLPIpass que corresponde a la dirección de email helpdesk@midominio.net

#3 2010-06-25 11:45:02

catchthefire

You need to set up a Receiver, this will grab emails and ingest them.  However, if you don't have users that have the same email address and those folks who send the tickets, then there is no indication of who created the ticket. We're struggling with this problem as well. Essentially, if an anonymous user emails the receiver address, then a ticket is created with no record of WHO created it. Ideally the email would autocreate a new user with the email address that sends the ticket.

#4 2010-06-25 13:16:58

king71

nemmon wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible to have clients email a ticket in?
Basically, I have about 50 clients at different locations, I need them to email me and have the system create a ticket for me...
or... better yet, how can non-members create tickets?

Exactly, what I want to know
WSOP New Orleans Tournament

#5 2010-06-30 17:05:09

michael36

catchthefire wrote:

You need to set up a Receiver, this will grab emails and ingest them.  However, if you don't have users that have the same email address and those folks who send the tickets, then there is no indication of who created the ticket. We're struggling with this problem as well. Essentially, if an anonymous user emails the receiver address, then a ticket is created with no record of WHO created it. Ideally the email would autocreate a new user with the email address that sends the ticket.

Perfect! Your word is just like mine!

Atlantic City Hotels

#6 2010-07-05 16:25:17

spfp

Hi, this is what I was looking for, but could you explain me how to configure the receiver? Because I can not make it work.

Thanks!

Board footer