You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-06-10 18:11:46

teleute

Software dictionary doesn't seem to be applying

I've written a new dictionary rule to combine multiple versions of the same software package.  I've written it in the exact style of all my other rules (software starts with "blah", assign to "blah").  It's active, and when I test the rule by copying/pasting one of the entries for the software it says it works.  But when I actually play the dictionaries, nothing's happening.  It says it's run the dictionaries on all entries, but there's no change.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

OS Ubuntu 18.04,  GLPI  9.3.1,  OCS  2.5

#2 2010-06-10 22:34:49

teleute

Re: Software dictionary doesn't seem to be applying

AH - I found it.  Answer posted here for anyone who runs into this.  Turns out the software name, as read in by OCS/GLPI, had two spaces between two of the words.  However, when it was displaying on the screen (where I was copy/pasting it from to write this rule), it only displays one (because HTML just won't display a bunch of spaces unless you hard code them).  So I was copy/pasting 1 space, and it wasn't picking up all the matching software because it actually had two spaces, even though one was invisible.

OS Ubuntu 18.04,  GLPI  9.3.1,  OCS  2.5

#3 2010-06-14 11:49:50

elliot01

Re: Software dictionary doesn't seem to be applying

Ha, well spotted! smile

1500+ Computers / 1100+ users

Board footer