You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-06-08 17:14:53

swemic

Software installation/reports problem(?)

First of all,

I just must give all my best credits to all you developers for GLPI (and OCSInventory).
It is one of the most promising softwares that I have checked out where you are able to handle multiple Operating Systems.

OCS Inventory 1.3.2
GLPI 0.72.4
- Plugins: "Print to PDF", Reports, "OCS Import"

We are currently working on implementing OCS & GLPI in a full wide scale for all our customers which we currently support on both Workstations and Servers. We are for the moment mainly using OCS & GLPI as a documentation and Inventory system, where I just realized there was some issues when you do a report of installed softwares.
If you do a selection of all software, add "Global search criteria" (in my case I have made in OCS TAGS to difference between different customers and purposes) where Location is equal to "Customer A", with a "AND" criteria between the search criterias. This will produce a list on all softwares that is installed at the customer site, which is good.
However, if you decide to do a "Print to PDF" with "Installations" included, you will have information about "all" Locations, and not just the one that you just had in your search criteria. This happens also if you click on the link of the Software name, and enter the TAB of Installations.

Is there somethin I am doing wrong here, or is this the intended result? I thought that if I had a Search criteria, all results should be based on the search critera as well.
As I stated previous, our intention is to use it in both Inventory purposes as well as documentation, where we are supposed to be sending our customers reports regarding their workstations and servers, with information on both the health and what applications that they are using at the moment.

Best regards
Michael

Board footer