You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-04-22 16:32:31

bartoszl

global locations - is it possible?

Hi,

I like the idea of entities, but some functionality concerning e.g. locations and software causes creation of unnecessary records in databse as well as management difficulties.

Is it possible to have all locations visible from all entities?

The best functionality that I would enjoy is:
1. let the relation between locations and entities be many to many (e.g. two organizational units can share same room or floor), and
2. let each location be visible to all ancestors of any entity it is related, and
3. let administrators declare for each entity that is related to a given location whether the location is visible to descendants of that entity or not.

I understand that such a functionality is difficult to design and code, and buildings of my organization are not secret or vast so having global list of all locations (all locations visible from all entities) would be also good for me.

Kind regards,
--
Bartosz Lis

#2 2010-04-22 16:45:44

wawa
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: global locations - is it possible?

hello
globa/location locations is possible in 0.78

Board footer