You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-03-25 16:36:29

marinave

Authorization with LDAP

Hi,

I am trying to configure GLPI to use groups defined in LDAP for authorization.

I successfully configured GLPI to match users with groups via memberships defined in LDAP (I made a new group and used attribute stored in users). So, when user is logged in, GLPI recognizes the group user is in.

However, I don't know how to define rights of group I created. I can see that rights are defined in profiles, but you can only co-relate them with users and not with groups.

Does anyone know how this can be done?
Maybe I got it wrong, and there is another way to accomplish authorization via groups defined in LDAP?

Thanks
Marina

#2 2010-03-26 17:42:14

gvargasdc

Re: Authorization with LDAP

We had a similar requirement when we rolled up GLPI. We wanted to use LDAP groups to assign GLPI entities. But I think our approach can be applied easily to your case.

You can create a rule (administration -> Rules -> Entity and rights assignment rules) with criteria "Groups LDAP is GGG" and action "Profiles Assign PPP"

Replace GGG with you LDAP group name (should be displayed in a drop down) and PPP with the profile you want members of group GGG to have.

G.

Glpi: 10.0.1

Board footer