You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-02-25 05:42:47

royrapoport

Renaming a system

I'm documenting how to change host names, and I need to figure out how to deal with GLPI. I'm getting my host feed through OCSNG (and am working on making sure the change shows up in OCSNG correctly).  My inclination is to both change the host name and then to make absolutely sure that GLPI understands that the host that was once 'foo' is now 'bar' by actually renaming it within GLPI (rather than reconciling potential dups).

There does not appear to be an easy way to do this via the GUI; looking at the DB schema, it looks like I may only need to change the glpi_computers table, updating the name column.  Something like this:

update glpi_computers set name=foo  where name=bar

Is there a better way to get this done?

#2 2010-02-25 07:58:37

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: Renaming a system

> Is there a better way to get this done?
Yes : just wait to a new inventory.
The synchro between OCS and GLPI will change the name (if it is not lock by a manual update)

+

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

Board footer