You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-02-19 04:19:20

chriswahl

Alarms on Consumables not functioning

Hello fellow GLPI users. I am running GLPI v0.72.3 on Ubuntu Server 9.10 64-bit in a 400 user environment.

The system works great. However, the alarms feature does not appear to function. I searched this forum and see it has been an issue, but no real resolution has been offered in any thread.

My findings:

• Notifications > Setup > Test email works

• Notifications > Notification Options > All ticket handling works fine (new ticket, updates, follow-ups, closed tickets, etc.)

• Notifications > Alarms Options > No alarms work at all. I have added a specific group of users to the alarms, and the test just says "test done" but no email is received

• I have confirmed without a doubt that the SMTP server is fully functional and is not receiving any email when I test the alarm email.

I have several consumables that are below the threshold, but I do not receive an alarm. Any thoughts?

Last edited by chriswahl (2010-02-19 04:20:09)

#2 2010-02-21 17:08:47

gvargasdc

Re: Alarms on Consumables not functioning

Under Notifications > Setup make sure the following two fields are NOT set to "Never":

Recalls Alarms on cartridges
Recalls Alarms on consumables

I personally think they should read "Send Alarms on Cartridges" and "Send Alarms on Consumables", as that would make more sense. Try setting both up as "Every Day".  Then Go to Notifications > Alarms Options and test on consumables. If you have a consumable below threshold you should see a message:

Test Done
  //Entity//: Threshold of alarm reached for the type of consumable: //Consumable// - //Reference//: Remaining: //Number//

And you should get an email.

Also make sure "Use Email Follow-ups" is set to Yes.

Note that after a successful test, if you do it again it won't work (i.e. you will only see "Test Done"), as it has to wait the time specified for it to trigger the alarm again (day/week/month).

Glpi: 10.0.1

#3 2010-02-24 22:20:29

champade

Re: Alarms on Consumables not functioning

I am having the same issue and cannot figure it out.  Also, is there a way to set the amount of time before an item's expiration date to receive the alarm/email?

Board footer