You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-02-18 17:57:25

bwm367
Website

Moving the GLPI installation

What would the best procedure be for relocating the GLPI/OCS installation on a new server?

The new server is running XP Professional, and I've already installed OCS and XAMPP, but the version is newer that what the old server is running. I tried copying the GLPI database from the mysql/data folder and copying the GLPI folder in HTdocs, but I can't login to GLPI now. NTLM isn't working either, but I think I need to set that up again anyway.

Any suggestions? I'm going to rebuild the OCSNG database by letting the PCs reimport and just reassigning the software to groups and whatnot, but I don't want to have to redo the GLPI database, as we have a lot of time invested in it already.

Please point me in the right direction...
Thanks.

My Configuration: GLPI .72.3 running on XAMPP from a VMware Virtual Machine (Windows XP). PHP 5.2, Apache 2.2.3...

#2 2010-02-18 20:56:00

bwm367
Website

Re: Moving the GLPI installation

I ended up installing the old OCSNG version (1.01) which has a different directory structure when installing (\Program files\OCS NG Inventory\xampp instead of \Xampp, which I think caused my initial problems with apache). Copying all the other folders seems to work fine after, and eventually the new server will have the same IP and hostname as the old, so that should fix any other issues that arise. I'd like to update OCS, but I'll check their website and forums for that.

My Configuration: GLPI .72.3 running on XAMPP from a VMware Virtual Machine (Windows XP). PHP 5.2, Apache 2.2.3...

Board footer