You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-02-14 06:18:21

chriswahl

Notifying Supervisors of New Tickets

Hello fellow GLPI users. I'm using GLPI 0.72.3 with OCS 1.02 on an Active Directory domain for a small company.

When a user submits a ticket, I would like for their department's supervisor(s) to be notified of the ticket. I do not wish to use entities, as I have no reliable method of sorting computers into the entities to be linked into the tickets (we use 1 subnet, computers move around quite a bit, DHCP, etc.).

What is a best practice of accomplishing this without using entities?

Or, if the only method is entities, how can I make computers recursive so that computers at the root level can be linked into tickets at the sub-root level?

Thank you.

#2 2010-02-14 06:56:17

gvargasdc

Re: Notifying Supervisors of New Tickets

Well, I'm not sure what is the best practice,  but of the top of my head here is my idea:

If you don't have these already, in AD create an AD group per department.

Then, import these groups into GLPI (Administration -> Group -> LDAP link).

Then in GLPI edit each of the groups you just created, making the manager of the group the department's supervisor.

Then create a location in GLPI that correspond to each department. Then for each user, assign the corresponding location for the user department (mass update will be useful here).

Then, for each of your departments, create a rule that says "if requester - location = Location created for the Departmen" Then Action "requester group ASIGN Department AD group imported". That way when the ticket is created it will also be marked as comming from the user's group. After this rule is in place, when you see the details of a submitted ticket you should see under "requester" both user and group dropdown filled.

Then in notification for new tickets select "manager requeter group"

I think that should do it. If you try it, let me know if it works...

Last edited by gvargasdc (2010-02-14 07:13:06)

Glpi: 10.0.1

#3 2010-02-15 05:33:04

chriswahl

Re: Notifying Supervisors of New Tickets

Works as advertised, gvargasdc. Thanks for the detailed walk-through!

Note: Some of my departments have multiple supervisors (day shift, night shift). For those groups, I could not make a single person the manager of the group. Instead:

1. I made a GLPI local user account

2. I filled in the supervisor's group email address to the local user in the "email" field

3. I made the local user the manager of the group

That way, when the ticket is created, it emails the group of supervisors instead of just one person.

Board footer