You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2019-09-09 16:26:54

zeon

Group emails into conversations

Hello! Is it possible to combine automatically generated mails GLPI into a conversation view in mail client? At the moment, a new letter arrives in the mail for each action, not uniting into a talk. I tried changing the title of the notification, but this no produce'd results. Mail (gmail, outlook) do not understand email's from glpi like a converstation.

Thanks a lot if you have any thoughts on this.

glpi 9.4.3

#2 2022-10-12 09:18:15

maximd

Re: Group emails into conversations

Hi,
I have the same question: this would be really helpful to clarify the workflow in our emails. Ensuring that GLPI email notifications for the same ticket are grouped/threaded into conversations in gmail (for example) could be an optional feature that you can toggle but it is worth considering IMHO.

FYI, modifying the notification template subject so that all subject are the same is not enough for the email to be grouped into conversations. By looking at the email headers, I wonder if it is because the header

Message-ID

is different for each notification?

Last edited by maximd (2022-10-12 09:19:39)

#3 2022-10-12 09:25:22

maximd

Hmm, I stumbled upon an article "How does Gmail decide to group emails into conversations?" in cloudHQ support website. I cannot post links (but you can do a web search of "How does Gmail decide to group emails into conversations cloudHQ") so here are the important information:

1. The subject must be similar
2. The sender must be a part of the thread OR in-reply-to must be used
3. Sender and receiver might see different threading
4. Reference header must reference IDs of previous messages
5. Max of 100 messages

I hope it can help implementing the feature. And I am going to check if there are things that I can adapt in my GLPI email notifications to match those prerequisites.

#4 2023-04-15 15:50:04

marco.antonio

Hello

anyone figured out how to reference de ID??

#5 2023-04-16 13:37:06

cconard96
Website

GLPI Collaborator and Plugin Developer.
My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

#6 2023-04-25 00:26:06

marco.antonio

Nice! Thank you

Board footer