You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2019-05-15 12:57:13

nsi-test

Deleting entity offers to move items only in parent entity

Hi,
We use GLPI 9.4.2, MariaDB 10.2.15 on CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core) server with the following plugins loaded:
FusionInventory 9.4+1.1
File injection    2.7.0
Objects management   2.7.0
Behaviours 2.2.1
Form Creator  2.8.2
Barcode  2.4.0
Our computers are mainly Windows based (7 and 10)
We use FusionInventory Agent 2.5, 2.4.3, 2.4.2, 2.4 for windows.

When I try to delete an entity which is not empty, i.e. has elements connected to it, the dialog at first asks for confirmation and then shows another dialog which offers those elements (items) to be moved to another entity. But the only proposed entity is the parent entity. If that is the purpose of the feature, I don’t get what is the purpose of the dropdown. The text is:

Warning: You're about to remove a heading used for one or more items.
You can also replace all uses of this dropdown by another.
<entities dropdown> <Replace button> <Cancel button>

I cannot understand very much the meaning of the second sentence by the way. Besides, may be there is some translation misunderstanding – in French it looks like this:

Attention : vous êtes sur le point de supprimer un intitulé utilisé par un ou plusieurs éléments.
Vous pouvez aussi remplacer toutes les utilisation de cet intitulé par un autre.

As I can understand “intitulé” is the word used for “dropdown” in French version. So the upper statements speak about dropdowns.

Nevermind, my question is – is it possible to move all items from entity on deletion to arbitrary other entity?

I cannot write french, but I can read it. So french sources are welcome.

Board footer