You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2019-05-13 09:33:30

eltaria

Using Shared mailbox as a Receiver?

Hi guys, I'm able to setup a named email account as a 'Receiver' to automatically generate tickets from email.

However, I'd like to ask if anyone is successful in using Shared email accounts' Inbox to generate tickets from email?

I think in IT environment, usage of 'shared mailbox' is common, so there should be a way to do so....
Can someone help? I've tried to google without much luck

#2 2019-05-13 09:50:04

eltaria

Re: Using Shared mailbox as a Receiver?

Okay... it always have to happen just after you posted for help and get an answer big_smile

For others who require the help/same problem

In login, you have to use the email@domain.com\ALIAS_OF_SHARED_MAILBOX
And the password for email@domain.com

Now the ALIAS of your shared mailbox can be entirely different, and you need to be able to go into your exchange/mail server to find out what it is

It works, big_smile thanks for reading and hope this will help others

#3 2019-05-13 10:02:39

eltaria

Cant edit post...

In login, you have to use the email@domain.com\ALIAS_OF_SHARED_MAILBOX >>> This doesn't work with O365, and maybe exchange, but could work with linux based mail servers??
In login, you have to use the email@domain.com/ALIAS_OF_SHARED_MAILBOX >>> using backslash works with O365/Exchange

And the password for email@domain.com

#4 2024-01-08 16:39:36

ph.adam

For anyone comming here: the new way to do this is by using Oauth with the GLPI plugin for oauth : see post 280491 on GLPI forum (forum.glpi-project.org/viewtopic.php?id=280491)

Board footer