You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2019-01-09 21:54:54

gusans

using enclosures assets

Hi all,

So far we have entered our rooms on management > data centers. We have one "Equipment room" with one rack enclosure for servers and four "telecommunication room" with four racks enclosures  (one per TR) for cabling and network switches. We put those racks on assets > racks.
Now, I'd like to know about assets > enclosures and what type of equipment typically are you putting into this asset.

I'd appreciate any comment or advice on this. thanks in advance.

#2 2023-09-29 10:37:03

ph.adam

Re: using enclosures assets

Hello,

Sorry to revive this post but I found it searching about this exact question and was sad it had no answer.

En enclosure (chassis en français) is an self made equipment. Its a box. And you put in it what you want. Like a custom box with an raspberry with sensors or other things.
You can add an enclosure in a rack.

I just needed to test to get the answer but documentation and forum should give the answer too. It now exists in the forum.

Board footer