You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2009-01-29 14:59:06

bjorktorp

Cannot view/handle attached files

Facts:
GLPI V0.71.3
Browser FF V3.05 or IE 7

Problem:
Attached documents, both in the knowledgebase and in tickets, are not handeled properly when we try to read them. It seems like their Mime characteristics aren't read.
When clicking a document link GLPI just spits out the binary content in a new window, without trying to execute the associated program or giving us a chance to save the file.

Recently I upgraded from GPLI V0.7 to V0.71.3. At the same time I also installed the Project plugin. (V0.9) Somewhere along that track, attached files stoped working.

I am also using the Ticketreport plugin (V1.0) It shows the same symptoms. Down below I paste some messages from debug mode when I try to create a ticketreport. The first is when I use English locale, and the second is Swedish.
The "modify header information" error is almost always there on top of the page, regardless of what I'm doing in GLPI.

Yes, I know that I could try to uninstall the project plugin to see if it was that one which corrupted the system, but I start by asking the forum first.

/Roger

English:
PHP ERROR: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/glpi/plugins/ticketreport/inc/plugin_ticketreport.functions_export.php at line 247
PHP ERROR: Undefined offset: 25 in /var/www/glpi/plugins/ticketreport/inc/plugin_ticketreport.functions_export.php at line 429
PHP ERROR: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/glpi/inc/common.function.php:163) in /var/www/glpi/lib/ezpdf/class.pdf.php at line 1916
PHP ERROR: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/glpi/inc/common.function.php:163) in /var/www/glpi/lib/ezpdf/class.pdf.php at line 1917
PHP ERROR: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/glpi/inc/common.function.php:163) in /var/www/glpi/lib/ezpdf/class.pdf.php at line 1919
PHP ERROR: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/glpi/inc/common.function.php:163) in /var/www/glpi/lib/ezpdf/class.pdf.php at line 1920
PHP ERROR: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/glpi/inc/common.function.php:163) in /var/www/glpi/lib/ezpdf/class.pdf.php at line 1921
PHP ERROR: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/glpi/inc/common.function.php:163) in /var/www/glpi/lib/ezpdf/class.pdf.php at line 1923

Swedish:
PHP ERROR: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/glpi/plugins/ticketreport/inc/plugin_ticketreport.functions_export.php at line 247
PHP ERROR: Undefined offset: 25 in /var/www/glpi/plugins/ticketreport/inc/plugin_ticketreport.functions_export.php at line 429
PHP ERROR: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/glpi/plugins/projet/locales/sv_SE.php:1) in /var/www/glpi/lib/ezpdf/class.pdf.php at line 1916
PHP ERROR: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/glpi/plugins/projet/locales/sv_SE.php:1) in /var/www/glpi/lib/ezpdf/class.pdf.php at line 1917
PHP ERROR: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/glpi/plugins/projet/locales/sv_SE.php:1) in /var/www/glpi/lib/ezpdf/class.pdf.php at line 1919
PHP ERROR: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/glpi/plugins/projet/locales/sv_SE.php:1) in /var/www/glpi/lib/ezpdf/class.pdf.php at line 1920
PHP ERROR: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/glpi/plugins/projet/locales/sv_SE.php:1) in /var/www/glpi/lib/ezpdf/class.pdf.php at line 1921
PHP ERROR: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/glpi/plugins/projet/locales/sv_SE.php:1) in /var/www/glpi/lib/ezpdf/class.pdf.php at line 1923

#2 2009-01-29 15:13:32

tsmr
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: Cannot view/handle attached files

You have decompressed the plugin with ?

Xavier Caillaud
Blog GLPI Infotel

#3 2009-01-29 15:23:57

bjorktorp

tar xvfz

If you are thinking about the project plugin - it is OK, at least as far as I can see now.

#4 2009-01-29 16:10:59

tsmr
GLPI-DEV
Website

for ticketreport :

http://glpi-project.org/spip.php?article236

V1.1 for 0.71

Xavier Caillaud
Blog GLPI Infotel

#5 2009-01-29 16:31:01

bjorktorp

Thanks.
Sorry that I didn't check that from start. The main reason for that is that I am pretty sure that ticketreport was OK right after upgrading GLPI to V0.71.3

I will install 1.1 tomorrow morning and let you know the result.

#6 2009-01-30 08:47:09

bjorktorp

A short progress report:

I have now updated the Ticketreport plugin to version 1.1. I'm sorry to say that it didn't bring any changes to my problem. I still get the binary content from the attached files, or generated ticket reports.

Uninstalling the project plugin, would that be a wise next step?
Should I post more debug results?

/Roger

#7 2009-01-30 09:51:59

tsmr
GLPI-DEV
Website

hum. create a directory in /plugins and move all plugins in this directory and test-it..

Xavier Caillaud
Blog GLPI Infotel

#8 2009-01-30 11:37:45

bjorktorp

I'll do that, but after office hours.

/Roger

#9 2009-02-02 09:00:09

bjorktorp

Status report:

First I uninstalled the Project plugin, logged out and logged in again -> no change

Second: Moved the projet directory outside the plugins directory -> Success! After that the attached documents started to behave as they should again. No more binary content thrown in my face.

tmsr: What do you think? It seems to me that we have found a bug in projet 0.9 <-> gpli 0.71.3

As the next step I will upgrade my glpi to 0.71.5

Until then, just ask me for further information which could help you find that bug.

#10 2009-02-02 10:10:01

tsmr
GLPI-DEV
Website

You are the first person who have a problem with export with projet plugin...

Xavier Caillaud
Blog GLPI Infotel

#11 2009-03-10 22:20:52

ictsjb

Until yesterday I could download documents like jpeg-images and pdf-files fine. Today, I also receive a new window with the binary content of a document.
Yesterday I turned off the cached mode (a tip in an other topic to improve logontime).
When I turned on the cache-mode just a minute ago, the documents were fine downloadable.
Odd, isn't it?
I hope this will help you.

#12 2009-03-10 22:23:52

ictsjb

Update to the other problem: in other php-applications I noticed also some 'headers already sent by ...', mostly errors produced because of spaces behind the last ?> in one or more php-files.

#13 2011-11-22 14:43:48

vidag

Hi,
I have a similar problem with my GLPI v0.80.4
My regional settings are Hungarian, both in Windows and GLPI. It works fine, but when I try to open attached MS Office files, I get binary data instead of documents. PDF attachments are working fine.
If I change my GLPI user interface to English (or even Swedish) the same attachments can be opened fine.
Any idea?
Kind regards, Gabor

#14 2011-11-22 15:39:13

vidag

Update to my 14:43:48 post:
My system runs on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, English version, Hungarian local settings
I have two instances of GLPI (v0.78.05 and 0.80.04) running in the same XAMPP 1.7.4 environment
My default GLPI language is Hungarian
I have no any plugins installed.
I tried to open MS Office attachments in Internet Explorer 8, Hungarian version, and FireFox 3.18 Hungarian version.
The problem is the same in both GLPI versions and browsers if I use GLPI with Hungarian user interface, and works fine if I use it with any other language settings (I have tried English, Swedish and Spanish, just for fun).

But I have a different environment, too. That runs on Windows Vista Home Basic, Hungarian version with Hungarian local settings. I have istalled the same XAMPP 1.7.4 and GLPI 0.80.04 with Hungarian default settings. There I can open the MS Office attachments with every user interfaces, both Hungarian and English.

I think the only difference between the two environments is the Windows localization - The English edition with errors and Hungarian Edition without errors.

Any idea?

Board footer