You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2015-08-27 17:10:27

roberto

Dissapearing assets

Hi All,

I've recently signed up a new client and tried to inventory their Computers. they have a mix of Macs and Windows machines.
I inventoried all of the MAC machines and have no problem with them.
I then inventoried the windows machines and I have a problem with some of the computers disappearing from the assets list.
I haven't found any signs as to what may be causing this but this is what happens:

I run the fusion inventory agent on the machine, I set all the options as with other computers and force and inventory.
Initially, the computer shows up in the assets inventory but after a while (I haven't timed it), the computer disappears from the assets lists. Next time the agent reconnects to the server, the computer shows up again and then disappears again.
This is not happening with all computers, only with some - all of them Windows OS.

Another issues I have noticed is that some of the computers change location by themselves!

I have about 60 computers in the asset list, some have been there for about a year and never had any problems.

I am not sure if related however, I suspect the issues started after I upgraded from GLPI 0.84.x to 0.85.4 + the fusioninventory plugin

Has anyone had similar issues and is anyone able to help?

Thanks!

#2 2015-08-27 18:23:19

LaDenrée
HELPER

Re: Dissapearing assets

Hi,

computers disappearing from the assets list.

are these assets in dustbin ?

Trouver la panne avant de réparer...
GLPI10.0.10 (ubuntu 22.04 PHP8.1  Mariadb10.6 ) plugins : comportements 2.7.2 reports 1.16.0 formcreator 2.13.8, datainjection 2.13.4 fields 1.21.6

#3 2015-08-27 18:25:56

roberto

LaDenrée wrote:

Hi,

computers disappearing from the assets list.

are these assets in dustbin ?

Hi LaDenree,

No, there are no assets in the dustbin!

Regards,
Roberto

Last edited by roberto (2015-08-27 18:26:53)

#4 2015-09-22 17:36:37

roberto

Hi all,

I am still having this issue and it starting to affect me. Is someone able to help with this?

Regards,

#5 2015-09-22 18:16:36

roberto

I had a machine on the system that had not inventoried in a while. I deleted it from the inventory (and from the dustbin).
The machine appeared in the inventory. It also appeared in the database (I checked the table with MySQL workbench)
Approximately 5 minutes later, it disappeared. I took all the details of the machine from the DB before it disappeared.

When I refreshed the database, another machine with the same ID but completely different details had appeared!

It is as if there is an automatic check that runs every 5-10 minutes and deleted random machines - I haven't found a connection to the machines yet.

I have gone through the automatic actions and there are only four tasks that run between 0 and 10 minutes  taskscheduler, mailgate, slaticket, queuedmail.

Could any of these be deleteing my machines from the inventory?

#6 2015-09-30 16:27:51

roberto

So,

I deleted every asset from the asset list, ensured the database is empty as well

Re-ran the fusion inventory install on all of the clients.
Some assets appeared on the asset list - not all. Checked the logs on the clients that do not appear on the list and they claim they have contacted the server successfully.

If I re-run the fusioninventory-agent.bat on the these machines remotely, they then appear on the asset list but some of the other machines disappear without any explanation!

Board footer