You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-09-07 18:00:06

AdesTheShades

Notification emails - editing the Subject: line

Now, I know that this has been discussed many times, but our Management Team have refused to allow us to go-live with GLPI without the Subject line in emails being edited to read "company_name #1234567890" rather than "GLPI #1234567890". So, having spent valuable hours configuring the system I can't put it to use!

We provide EPOS support to a vast number of off-site clients (retail shops, restaurants, cafes, amusement parks, nightclubs etc) and Management's argument is that some shop / restaurant workers who would receive emails would be confused by the unfamiliar subject line, leading to the messages being ignored or even dumped into Spam.

In no way do I want to denigrate GLPI by removing this reference. There is already a Footer in emails which reads "Automatically generated by GLPI 0.83.91" and I've edited our Templates to read "... Powered by GLPI www.glpi-project.org ..." as part of the email signature to give the project the exposure that it rightly deserves.

We are still on 0.83.91 as we will be using a number of Plug-Ins and most of them have yet to be upgraded to 0.84. The old discussions on the subject reference even older versions and I just can't get any change to "stick".

Please could someone tell me what I would need to change and in what files. I don't want to break the follow-up email features!

Many thanks

Adrian

GLPI 0.83.91 Linux VPS running Parallels

#2 2013-09-07 18:27:47

danh
Website

Re: Notification emails - editing the Subject: line

Go to Administration -> Entities
Open your Entity
Go to the tab Notifications
Edit the line "Prefix for notifications"

Thanks,
Dan

#3 2013-09-07 18:32:44

AdesTheShades

OMG! Where is THAT documented! How on earth did I miss that!..

Many, many thanks!

Ades 8-)

GLPI 0.83.91 Linux VPS running Parallels

#4 2020-07-23 23:15:54

ceam655

danh wrote:

Go to Administration -> Entities
Open your Entity
Go to the tab Notifications
Edit the line "Prefix for notifications"

Muchas gracias, por su ayuda