You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2021-05-05 12:31:28

PeterB

fusion inventory slow package deployment ?

I added a deployment package, it consisted out of a few lines to configure firewalls through netsh advfirewall.
I'm aware there are also different ways to do this, for example using policies, but for some company-political reasons i did not alter those.
It affected just the few Dell PC's who apparently got different images from Dell and had different settings from the rest.
I needed to fix it quickly.

And as i had identified the PC's i send out an Email requesting the user to go to  http://localhost:62354/now  to force an inventory.
For the package deployment i had set it to force start, people did click it (checked some users).

To my surprise its getting deployed though it happens not fast at all. (taking hours)
Some stay quite a long time as prepared, while others are still on the not done yet list, also some stay (for a long time) on Running.
While the commands in the package had been tested, and they individually run in less than a seccond, so i dont understand it.

How can one deploy something urgently, like near immediately  ?. (5 min delay is ok, but not as slow as more than a hour).

#2 2021-05-05 15:33:14

Jean-Christophe

Re: fusion inventory slow package deployment ?

I'm not sure, but I think you can configure the actions on the client side.
Not sure what happens if "deploy" is not in the list, maybe it waits for the agent "normal" delay and runs all the possible tasks.

I don't know, honestly, but I would look in the agent log to see what happens.

Board footer