You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2021-02-23 12:30:04

ECaricato

License with multiple versions?

Hello,
I am currently investigating how to manage licenses correctly (in combination with fusioninventory).

We have software installed on some computers, which is correctly displayed in GLPI. But the users do not all have the same version installed.
So for example, some users have a program with version 1.0.1 and others with version 1.0.2.

How can I configure a license for this program to "use" multiple versions? I configured the license, so that it will use version 1.0.2 and computers with this version installed have the corresponding entry in the "license" column in the list of installed software.
But the computers with the older version don't get this entry, because the license will only use the newer version. On the software page, the license is only listed at the bottom in the table "licenses" as if the program wasn't installed.

I hope this is somehow understandable.
Let me now if you need further information.

Regards

#2 2021-02-23 18:48:15

makeijan
Website

Re: License with multiple versions?

Hi,
You need to use a Software Dictionary to get rid of the version on the software name and let GLPI versions handle it.
Cheers,

#3 2021-02-24 11:02:42

ECaricato

Re: License with multiple versions?

Hi,

thanks for your answer. But I meant the versions as shown in this screenshot:
versions.png

In the corresponding license I set the value "use version" to the latest version, because if I do not set any version there, the license will not show up as installed in computer > software.
Instead it is only shown at the bottom of the page at computer > software in the table "license"
Here is a screenshot of how I want it to look:
installed.png

Last edited by ECaricato (2021-02-24 11:10:54)

Board footer