You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2020-11-22 21:02:34

wolfsden3

GLPI 9.5.2 blank description when email is checked to create ticket

I'm on NGINX, PHP FPM 7.4, Ubuntu 20.04, MariaDB

When finally getting mail to work to check a ticket it is importing only the subject line and the "description" which is the email body with the issue into the system as BLANK.  If you hover over the new ticket it should show you a preview of the description but it's blank and then when you click on the ticket the description in the ticket is blank.

Something isn't right.  It does it 100% of the time.  I have an installation of 9.0 or something older that does NOT do this behavior.

What might be causing this?  An old bug that cropped up again?  This used to be a problem randomly back in the 7.x days from what I recall.  I just dealt with it then.  Now...it's 100% of the time and totally annoying.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 2020-11-23 17:32:42

alexkenon

Re: GLPI 9.5.2 blank description when email is checked to create ticket

wolfsden3 wrote:

I'm on NGINX, PHP FPM 7.4, Ubuntu 20.04, MariaDB

When finally getting mail to work to check a ticket it is importing only the subject line and the "description" which is the email body with the issue into the system as BLANK.  If you hover over the new ticket it should show you a preview of the description but it's blank and then when you click on the ticket the description in the ticket is blank.

Something isn't right.  It does it 100% of the time.  I have an installation of 9.0 or something older that does NOT do this behavior.

What might be causing this?  An old bug that cropped up again?  This used to be a problem randomly back in the 7.x days from what I recall.  I just dealt with it then.  Now...it's 100% of the time and totally annoying.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello. Do you have the same problem?
https://forum.glpi-project.org/viewtopic.php?id=279910

#3 2020-11-24 22:57:35

wolfsden3

Re: GLPI 9.5.2 blank description when email is checked to create ticket

Very similar yes but mine was a clean installation.

...I can't seem to paste an image.   This is lame.

My description has a red * on it and the field is in a red triangle with white in the middle.

When creating the email I did:

Subject:  Test subject 1
Body:  Test body information

The only thing that gets imported into the ticket is the subject line and the body (Description) is blank.

Board footer