You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2020-06-28 18:30:08

drosera

Discrepancy regarding "files" access in installation instructions

Hi,

on the installation documentation page (sorry, I don't seem to be allowed to post the link) it says clearly: "Give your webserver write access to the files and config directories"  however a few lines below it says differently and also the webbased installation wizard warns about "files" being accessible through the web.  That seems slightly confusing to me.  Maybe the statement should be corrected or revised?

Cheers, Frank

#2 2020-06-28 21:46:54

LaDenrée
HELPER

Re: Discrepancy regarding "files" access in installation instructions

during installation process conig should be writable for apache (it contains database connexions parameters) and after installation it should be only readable by apache.
file should be writable by apache.

you'll find some docs here : https://glpi-install.readthedocs.io/en/ … -locations

Trouver la panne avant de réparer...
GLPI10.0.10 (ubuntu 22.04 PHP8.1  Mariadb10.6 ) plugins : comportements 2.7.2 reports 1.16.0 formcreator 2.13.8, datainjection 2.13.4 fields 1.21.6

#3 2020-06-30 10:05:59

drosera

Re: Discrepancy regarding "files" access in installation instructions

ok, I understand. Thank you.  Maybe this "process" could be made clearer in the documentation?

The URL you mentioned is exactly the page I was referring to, but I was not allowed to post the link.

Board footer