You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2020-04-02 00:00:35

mrb

Enabling "Simple" Interface for Default Ticket Creation

Hello GLPI forums,

I'm a new user and I have an issue I'm hoping someone can help with. It seems simple, but after several hours of tinkering, googling, and reading documentation/this forum I still can't figure it out.

My objective:
- enable the "Simple" interface mode for Ticket Creation.

My Problem:
- When I try to create a ticket, I always see the "Standard" interface mode instead.

So far I understand/have tried the following things:
1. I know that I can manage current templates/create a new template at: Assistance > Tickets > Manage Templates. For the sake of solving this problem, I don't mind using the "Default" template. I can see that there is both a "Simple" and "Standard" field layout within the Default template already.
2. I know that I can assign Ticket templates to Profiles, at Administration > Profiles > [Profile Type] > Assistance, and at the top of that page there's a dropdown menu for selecting ticket template (currently set to "Default").
3. I do not, however, see anywhere to tell GLPI I want to use the SIMPLE Default template as opposed to the STANDARD Default template.

Can anyone help me please? The standard ticket submission page is way too detailed for what I want to provide for my users. This seems like it should be simple to solve but I'm completely stumped. Every other post I see on this forum seems to completely bypass mentioning this issue.

Thank you for any help,
mrb

#2 2020-04-02 12:43:27

mrb

Re: Enabling "Simple" Interface for Default Ticket Creation

Replying to my own post for anyone else that sees this:

The temporary solution I've found is that you have to set an entire "Profile" type to either "Simple" interface or "Standard" interface at the following location:

Administration (top bar on main page) > Profiles > [Profile Type] > Profile (in left bar) > Select the "Simplified Interface" dropdown option for the "Profile's Interface" field

I'm not sure if this is what I want, because I don't know if I want their WHOLE interface to be simplified (as opposed to just simplifying the Ticket Creation page). If anyone has a better way to only change the Ticket Creation page, that would be welcome.

Thanks!

#3 2020-04-02 13:55:48

Sico31

Hi,
simplified ticket creation is for users with the self-service profile. As admin one you have the standard ticket creation.
As you said, you can manage fields that appear in the ticket creation by templates.
another way is to use the formcreator plugin and create your own forms (and activate the catalog service in the formcreator tab of your entitie)

Manger un castor, c'est sauver un arbre.
Quand on est mort, on ne sait pas qu'on est mort ; c'est pour les autres que c'est difficile. Quand on est con, c'est pareil !

#4 2020-04-07 17:23:52

mrb

Sico31 wrote:

...another way is to use the formcreator plugin and create your own forms (and activate the catalog service in the formcreator tab of your entitie)

Hi Sico. Thank you for the reply.

Would you recommend the formcreator plugin? I've seen it mentioned in a few places around the forum, and read through some of the documentation on the plugin page itself, but no critiques of the pros/cons. Have you used it, and do you know if it is noticably better than the basic GLPI form options?

Thanks.

Last edited by mrb (2020-04-07 17:24:17)

#5 2020-04-08 09:58:26

Sico31

It's a powerful tool, often updated and certainly implemented in glpi ... one day.
Yes it can replace the basic ticket ; prefer activate the catalog service for better user experience.

I recommend to test it on a glpi-test platform before use it in production.

In PROD : We have only 30-35 forms today on 3 entities and at this time we have not activate the catalog service nor replace the basic ticket.
In TEST : all works fine

Have a good day

Manger un castor, c'est sauver un arbre.
Quand on est mort, on ne sait pas qu'on est mort ; c'est pour les autres que c'est difficile. Quand on est con, c'est pareil !

Board footer